WR250s (two stroke)

1993 WR250z

OK guys I bought a 93 wr250z. Thought it was a yz250 but that's another story so OK basic seems wr'ss are rare I never see many for sale getting the crank fixed right now (has long crank) I am wondering if I should keep this bike or kick myself for getting rid of it are these rare how many import?

OK guys I bought a 93 wr250z. Thought it was a yz250 but that's another story so OK basic seems wr'ss are rare I never see many for sale getting the crank fixed right now (has long crank) I am wondering if I should keep this bike or kick myself for getting rid of it are these rare how many import?

they are enduro/cross country race bikes. i.e. ported for mid/low end power, wide ratio transmission, AC stator for lights, softer suspension.

some people like them. they are not that well suited for aggressive motor cross riding, but still do good there. they are in the same class as rmx250/kdx250 and more modern ktm exc/xcw. if you are interested in trail/cross country, it's a keeper !

where are you located at ? I might be interested if you want to get rid of it, even as is. I have a rmx250 and race it in hare scramble and enduro against more modern bikes. not sure abut '93, but the later year wr250z might have had more power than a rmx/kdx

Edited by cynicryder

Thanks for the post I am into trail riding so when I get it together I will ride it and see if it suits me then sell it if not I am interested in putting a light on it??

The 94-97 wr250s use the 1994 yz engine which is legendary for its power. My 97 destroys kdx200's and even more modern 250s.

I like it any clue how many were made wr250 can't find many for sale

They didn't make enough 2-stroke wr's. Luckily, I found a very low hour 98 wr250z and have been souring it up ever since. Race teck suspension, fmf sparkarestor and pipe, tubeless rim locker with dunlop desert at ( super hard side wall and rubber compound so I run zero air pressure so no flats and awesome traction), hydraulic clutch with rekluse and rekluse left hand rear brake leaver... I so loved it tImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395527958.017307.jpghe wife should be jealous.

Love it looks great I would love to find some old wr250 stickers for mine so unique and cool bike as a yz lover I appreciate the daddy wrs

How do you post pics on here? Lol I know bikrs but having issues here

I'm doing it from my iPhone and the thumper app has options to take a pic or use pics you've got and tweet...

I took off the side plates and I have the original tank shrouds for it that say wr. If I sell it one day, I'll show it that way.