Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse

I got a 2000 kx250 to run around with my son on his pw80. Going through the woods he goes pretty slow. I have to idle behind him and I'm always pulling in the clutch. Would the rekluse help smooth out the power and stall less. I'm running 12t and 51t. I thought about flywheel weight but not sure. Thanks

I got a 2000 kx250 to run around with my son on his pw80. Going through the woods he goes pretty slow. I have to idle behind him and I'm always pulling in the clutch. Would the rekluse help smooth out the power and stall less. I'm running 12t and 51t. I thought about flywheel weight but not sure. Thanks

flywheel weight will help with lugging, and keep the motor going.  It really helps in the woods.  Less killing the motor, smooths out the power from bottom to top.. IDK if it would really help out with you having to disengage the clutch following him tho.

AFAIK they don't make rekluse for KX250s

Yeah when I try to idle behind him it is lugging then stalls. I was looking at finding/ buying a 11oz or 13 oz flywheel. First. just not sure if I should put the $100 plus towards the rekluse

Yeah when I try to idle behind him it is lugging then stalls. I was looking at finding/ buying a 11oz or 13 oz flywheel. First. just not sure if I should put the $100 plus towards the rekluse

it would help. I run a 13oz steahly on mine.  lugs well.  would make a difference for sure.   IDK about the clutch, i didn't think they made auto clutches for the KX250.  There is a thread about this on the front page now actually.  Shrug.  -------    all that mass helping the motor spins helps keep it from killing it, keeps it spinning good at the top, too.

not true-

http://rekluse.mybigcommerce.com/products/KX250-2%2dStroke-96%2d07-Rekluse-EXP-clutch-.html

i run this in my KX250F worth every penny --

Onekawboy do you think I should just do the rekluse? Does yours allow you to idle around without the lugging and stalling? I think that is what I'm looking for. My son sees me going fast then he wants go just as fast.

Are you only riding with your son or do you also go out on your own?

Clobes- mine is a 4 stroke efi - but i can put n 1st n yes idle around

I just picked up a 2006 KX250 2 stroke i do plan on either the same Rekluse or 13oz FWW other option heavier clutch basket w FWW

It really depends on bike main purpose IMO.

The Rekluse will allow u shift w/o touching the lever just backin off throttle

Hope this helps

$400 vs $115 is up to rider n owner

That's just a clutch. That's not the auto clutch I don't think.

I am pretty sure they don't make them for or bikes

I have an 03 KX 250 2t with a Rekluse exp 2.0 and love it. I followed my son around doing exactly what you described. Skip the FWW, you may still have to use the clutch. With a properly set up recluse, you can follow him all day and never use the clutch once. Besides, Rekluse has a 30 day money back guarantee, if you don't like it, they will send you your money back.....

http://rekluse.mybigcommerce.com/products/KX250-2%252dStroke-96%252d07-Rekluse-EXP-clutch-.html

Amazing how many people can make statements like "Nope they don't make rekules clutches for kx250" and not have a friggen clue what their talking about. Clobes, ignore these guys. I've had my recluse for about 3 years now and I can assure you, it works.....

Edited by GhostRider32
  • Like 2

That's just a clutch. That's not the auto clutch I don't think.

that is an auto clutch izzo -- same as I'm running in my KX250F --  

I have an 03 KX 250 2t with a Rekluse exp 2.0 and love it. I followed my son around doing exactly what you described. Skip the FWW, you may still have to use the clutch. With a properly set up recluse, you can follow him all day and never use the clutch once. Besides, Rekluse has a 30 day money back guarantee, if you don't like it, they will send you your money back.....

http://rekluse.mybigcommerce.com/products/KX250-2%252dStroke-96%252d07-Rekluse-EXP-clutch-.html

Amazing how many people can make statements like "Nope they don't make rekules clutches for kx250" and not have a friggen clue what their talking about. Clobes, ignore these guys. I've had my recluse for about 3 years now and I can assure you, it works.....

that is just the clutch we're did you find your rekluse auto clutch from because I would like to buy one

any dealer can get u one -- or   www.rekluse.com  --- u remove a few of the clutch plates n you have a Rekluse set up 

that is an auto clutch izzo -- same as I'm running in my KX250F --  

Good info to have. I heard about these, and went to check it out but must have missed the one for the 2 strokes.  Thats awesome. I was wanting one myself, so at the end of the ride I wasn't having to kill myself kicking the bike over lol.  The website has no description, just a picture of clutch discs - So thanks for that!

A friend of mine has one in his 07 KX250 and he swears by it. I have debated one myself, its just such a big investment. The more I think about it the more I want one though.

Clobes you should buy one. It sounds like it will fit your bill perfectly.