How does this bike look?

Looks pretty beat up, I would keep looking.

Looks pretty beat up, I would keep looking.

I figured it just needed washed and cleaned?

It looks like it just hasn't been maintained. I wouldn't touch it.

Stay away; if the seller doesn't even clean the bike to sell it, he/she has done nothing positive in the bike's life.  So you spend a grand on a  bike that needs possible 1500 bucks worth of work (conservatively), you'd be better off buying a properly maintained and cared for bike in the end. 

The pipe is smashed, wheels probably never had a spoke wrench on them, chain is too tight, plastic is nasty, red seat cover is ugly, brake lever bent, suspension probably on stock fluids, tons of hours probably on stock crank.......(this is from low resolution photos, imagine what it really is in person).  This bike is a time bomb, seriously.  The only thing correct about the bike the number zero on the numberplate.  I've seen many very clean used 125's for sale in the 1800 dollar range.  Do yourself a favor and keep searching.  No matter how hard you try, you can never polish a turd. 

Yeah looks pretty beat up. If he dident clean it up for cl I doubt he cleaned or maintained it.

Sigh. Alright, I can't find any good 125's in my area. There's a very good looking 125 but the dude wants $3200 for it LOL

Stay away; if the seller doesn't even clean the bike to sell it, he/she has done nothing positive in the bike's life. So you spend a grand on a bike that needs possible 1500 bucks worth of work (conservatively), you'd be better off buying a properly maintained and cared for bike in the end.

The pipe is smashed, wheels probably never had a spoke wrench on them, chain is too tight, plastic is nasty, red seat cover is ugly, brake lever bent, suspension probably on stock fluids, tons of hours probably on stock crank.......(this is from low resolution photos, imagine what it really is in person). This bike is a time bomb, seriously. The only thing correct about the bike the number zero on the numberplate. I've seen many very clean used 125's for sale in the 1800 dollar range. Do yourself a favor and keep searching. No matter how hard you try, you can never polish a turd.

i just found this. Kbb says for a 2003 $1300 from a dealer. This looks really nice. But $1800 seems too high for the year. What would be a good price to pay http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mcy/4386220960.html

i just found this. Kbb says for a 2003 $1300 from a dealer. This looks really nice. But $1800 seems too high for the year. What would be a good price to pay http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mcy/4386220960.html

Frames rusty where the paints worn off. Looks like a bike that had a new coat of "paint"(aka plastics and seat) slapped on because it was beat up.

I would continue looking 

Edited by Yz125Iceland

I agree that if the seller can't at least clean it for selling purposes then he was probably didn't perform maintenance.Just my opinion.