Sign in to follow this  

Illinois Riding buddies southwest of Chicago

Hey guys (and gals),

I'm looking for someone to ride with this summer at The Cliffs, Fox Valley Offroad in Wedron, and maybe even the Badlands. I consider myself to be a pretty average rider and my wife just got into it as well. I have a WR450F and she has a TTR125L. I'm looking for someone with the same capabilities as my self, or close, to ride with sometimes during the week. I get days off during the week and don't want to go alone all the time. I am for sure getting a season pass at The Cliffs and Fox Valley if available this year.

Thanks and happy riding! Spring is here!

I'm an average rider. I used to race harescrambles on quads and just went to a bike late last year. No much of a track guy, like woods riding more, but I will be doing both. I live in Morris, so I'm about half an hour away from Cliffs, and 40 min or so from Fox Valley.

I will be going on weekends as well, but I will have my wife and kid with me most likely.

Hey guys (and gals),

I'm looking for someone to ride with this summer at The Cliffs, Fox Valley Offroad in Wedron, and maybe even the Badlands. I consider myself to be a pretty average rider and my wife just got into it as well. I have a WR450F and she has a TTR125L. I'm looking for someone with the same capabilities as my self, or close, to ride with sometimes during the week. I get days off during the week and don't want to go alone all the time. I am for sure getting a season pass at The Cliffs and Fox Valley if available this year.

Thanks and happy riding! Spring is here!

I live in New Lenox and have an annual FVOR membership. My kids frequently ride with me, and my wife is planning to start this year. I'm slow and I wreck a lot, but I'm working on that.

Went to FVOR on Saturday. Trails were generally not rideable (for me) but the track was fun and was great by the end of the day. I was kind of sore on Sunday.

I'll PM you if I plan to go mid-week before the kids are out of school.

Hey Katzat sounds good! Are FVOR memberships available to anyone? Can't find info on there website about it. What do you ride?

Hey Katzat sounds good! Are FVOR memberships available to anyone? Can't find info on there website about it. What do you ride?

The FVOR membership is mentioned at the bottom of the "Riding Fees" Section of the "Rules" page. Yes, it's hard to find. They are only sold in January and they claim to only sell 50 of them. I inquired about them last December and received an email in late January indicating that someone had elected not to renew their annual membership. That's how I got mine. Now I am in a race to make sure it pays off. Shouldn't be hard to do if the wife and kids go with me frequently.

I ride a YZ450, but this year I'm swapping front sprockets back and forth depending on where, who, and why I'm riding. My kids (13 y/o boy and girl twins) gravitate to the track -- particularly my son. But that may be changing this year. I like both, but would prefer to ride in the woods. I'll be heading down to Tilton for a day as soon as I get word it's dried out enough for me to ride.

FVOR is not normally open on weekdays in the spring and fall when school is in session. However, they say they'll open up if a group wishes to go. I'm not sure what constitutes a group, but I can call and find out. OR, perhaps Gehard Ward (the FVOR Proprietor) will respond in this thread -- he is a TT member. I'm sure this would be doable if we can get a moderately sized group together for private weekday rides.

Edited by Katzat

I checked with Gehard. He says he can open for a Wednesday if the weather is good and there is interest. There is still a lot of snow and ice on the trails, so I recon we're still at least a warm week out if the trails are wanted. But if folks want to ride the track, that's in pretty good shape if there hasn't been too much rain the day before.

Let me know. If we get a few guys, we could have a couple private ride days.

a couple weeks and the park trails should be in much better shape.  This time of year it only takes 2-3 mud tired, snorkel type 4x4 atv's to kill the trails. Once the frost is out, and things firm up good and solid we get more aggressive in hours open.  

always check the web site, we will have it updated every Friday and Saturday night.  Sometimes during the week as well if something pertinent is needed.  Also if you wish a text update send that in off the website as well.

this weekend looks pretty good sunday the best.  but open both days.

wardy

ps i haven't been back here for like a year?  I will try to check in.  or if you are on facebook friend me there.

Byron's first race is this weekend Sunday.

Tempted to go watch and compare myself to the other SuperVet (50+) guys there.

Will enter my first race at Byron this year....but not this weekend.  Need some seat time.

Will advise when we have a track day here.  KatZat and his 12 year old have been over before.  It aint much, but it's what we have.

Most of my riding is around my own track.

Just looking in this section for any word on the new track opening in West Dundee or som such place.

CooHead

Gentlemen,

Fox Valley opened today for a Wednesday ride. I'm out of town, so I couldn't go, but I expect it will be opened for fair weather Wednesday rides more frequently going forward.

Ok good to know. I've been working 72-84 hours a week, once it settles down a bit I will get out there.

Looks like FVOR will be open today 4/16/14 from 12-7. The wife and I will be there.

Looks like FVOR will be open today 4/16/14 from 12-7. The wife and I will be there.

FVOR may be open tomorrow if they get enough interest. The weather looks like it's going to be perfect.

I emailed telling them I will be there with some combination of my kids and wife.

Anyone else going?

tempting......Kids are off school, but I am not.

Maybe able to steal away some vacation hours.

tempting......Kids are off school, but I am not.

Maybe able to steal away some vacation hours.

Coo, you don't look so good.

Do you feel tired when you get up in the morning? Does it hurt when you hit your thumb with a hammer? Do your eyes burn if you keep them open too long?

I think you better take tomorrow off.

If you're even thinking of heading out there, send them an email. I think they are gauging interest to determine if they are going to open.

Also, please delete some of your messages from your in-box or un-block me. I just tried to send you a PM and it told me that you couldn't receive any more messages.

Edited by Katzat

Jealous of all you guys! I'm stuck at work tomorrow :( but at least I'll be able to make it Saturday, I'll be on a late 90s Kx 250 with Nielsen graphics, if you see me come say hi!