Zeta Handguards - Installation

I purchased a set of Zeta Handgaurds and I have a few questions about the installation. Does anyone have any good resources on the installation of these handguards? Perhaps some closeup pictures of where the bar mounts to the end of the handlebar by the handgrips? I know I have to cut through the plastic grips, but I'm not sure how much I need to cut. Also if anyone could provide pictures of the other end mounted to the handlebar that would be great.

I accidentally ordered black plastic, so I had to send it back to get the white guards since I think they look much better on the CRF250L.

Here's the pics. I can get different ones if they help. Mine are kind of chopped up as you can see because I didn't really know where the bar ended under the throttle tube, so hopefully these picture help you make yours neater. Clutch side just get a razor blade and cut a hole in the end, don't need to cut it all off. Throttle side cut slowly with a had saw and work your way around and you should be able to get a cleaner install than mine.

Zeta5.jpg

Zeta4.jpg

Zeta3.jpg

Zeta2.jpg

Zeta1.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks so much man, those pictures really help. And I'll for sure take your advice regarding clutch side. Obviously throttle side you need space so you don't get a sticky throttle. Really appreciate the pics!

Just waiting on the plastic covers to come in the mail and I'll slap the kit on. Do you have the integrated directionals? I assume the wiring was pretty basic? How do you like them?

• Like 1

I didn't get the new directionals. It's funny because I always change them on all my bikes, but this time decided to keep the stockers. On the rear too, used a DRC fender eliminator kit and new tail light, but opted for the stock directionals. I might change my mind down the road, but so far I like the stock ones, which is just weird because usually I don't.

• Like 1

i installed my zeta integrated blinkers! got plenty of photos! i made my first video its funny didn't wanna bring it up but since you need a hand i guess i can sacrifice myself for it ? heres some photos let me get the video also got instructions!

post-384549-0-32115400-1395540682.jpg

post-384549-0-09102700-1395540639.jpg

post-384549-0-20771500-1395540621.jpg

post-384549-0-52030900-1395540606.jpg

ps: had to put the cr250 in the photo lil teaser for Mental lol

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

Edited by Gilcrf250L
  • Like 4

So I'm mounting the hand guards right now, out of those two expanding pieces (the cylinder one or the coned cylinder one), which one do you use, and how do you get it to expand inside the tube without holding onto the side that is inside the tube?

Edit: I somehow got it working. No idea what I did. Hah.

Edited by RobertLindert
  • Like 1

yeah screw it in and get it started then stick it in the bar and has your tightening with your alen it'll expand inside the bar! careful you don't over tightened on the throttle side cause the bars are hella weak and you can hurt the trottle tube/sleeve

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Who all as one of those and had crash. How to they hold up. On and off road riding. Looking at the ones that got the built in blinker.

I've crashed twice with mine now, both off road. Neither crash was particularly bad, and both times I haven't had any damage to the bike. My Zetas help up fine, but so did everything else. I haven't had a substantial crash yet.

Ok am thinking of getting the barkbuster storm hand guards . I have read the zeta will bend and break easy. Now I also heard the barkbuster are very strong and will hold up better then anything else out there cause the company tests them in hash riding conditions. What do u guys think of ....

Barkbuster storm handguards?

There about 130.00-160.00

Ok am thinking of getting the barkbuster storm hand guards . I have read the zeta will bend and break easy. Now I also heard the barkbuster are very strong and will hold up better then anything else out there cause the company tests them in hash riding conditions. What do u guys think of ....

Barkbuster storm handguards?

There about 130.00-160.00

HDB guards will out live your bike ...  ?   simply the best you can buy hands down and without arguments ...  :ride:

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=handguards_00

• Like 1

HDB guards will out live your bike ...  ?   simply the best you can buy hands down and without arguments ...  :ride:

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=handguards_00

Another good choice that aren't quite as heavy are Cycra Probend hand guards.  They are used by many pro riders and definitely up to the task at hand.

http://cycraracing.com/products/handguards/wrap-around-handguards/

Here is a link to some LEDs that can be added to most hand guards.  https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/950318-led-handguard-signals-on-the-cheap/

Make sure you avoid the cheap EBay hand guards.  They are a waste of money.

• Like 1

Here's the pics. I can get different ones if they help. Mine are kind of chopped up as you can see because I didn't really know where the bar ended under the throttle tube, so hopefully these picture help you make yours neater. Clutch side just get a razor blade and cut a hole in the end, don't need to cut it all off. Throttle side cut slowly with a had saw and work your way around and you should be able to get a cleaner install than mine.

Zeta5.jpg

Zeta4.jpg

Zeta3.jpg

Zeta2.jpg

Zeta1.jpg

Holy mackrel - what a mess !

You didn't have a relative that was a look out on the Titanic, did you ???