Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Does the AMA have the Testicular Fortitude to enforce their rules?

RV Taking an IV on race day.... According to the AMA rulebook he is not eligible to race tonight.

Points shake-up!!!!

Unless the AMA folds like an accordion. Which is entirely possible 

• Like 1

RV Taking an IV on race day.... According to the AMA rulebook he is not eligible to race tonight.

Points shake-up!!!!

Unless the AMA folds like an accordion. Which is entirely possible

They wont fold, they cant afford to and neither can RV. If he took an IV in a non life threatining situation, he's out for the day. Rules are rules....

They wont fold, they cant afford to and neither can RV. If he took an IV in a non life threatining situation, he's out for the day. Rules are rules....

I believe if able to ride they will let RV go. Its the AMA they are not gonna keep their champion caged up

Read the whole rule not just what you want to pick from it. He can race if he is released by the medical personnel that treated him. He'll be racing.

• Like 1

Read the whole rule not just what you want to pick from it. He can race if he is released by the medical personnel that treated him. He'll be racing.

Re-read the rule above that one.

I believe if able to ride they will let RV go. Its the AMA they are not gonna keep their champion caged up

To many other teams, managers and racers that can call BS and called out on the carpet. The AMA cant afford that. And as I said, neither can RV or team Green. Otherwise......whats the difference between them and Deegan as an example? Rules are rules, you have to follow them ALL.

Back in 2006 the AMA penalized RC 25 points for lead in his fuel. He pissed and moaned and got them back. Rules are enforced when they want them to be.

• Like 2

Another question is how do these guys get sick like this? It seems like every other week a guy out of the top 20 is very ill... makes no sense. Wouldn't you think Rv wouldn't be eating something that possibly give him food poisoning before a race?

I'm calling a hangover, we all know Canada has surprises. Shit look what happened to meyer last year :lol:

Edited by Flosi77

4.6 Intravenous Hydration a. At no time during the event will a rider receive any type of intravenous hydration unless such hydration is deemed medically necessary by medical personnel as a result of an emergency medical situation (e.g. heat stroke) encountered by a rider, during, or as a result of competing in, an event, practices, heat races or qualifying sessions that are part of an event.

b. Once a rider receives such hydration during the meet, the rider will not be permitted to compete in any further events at the meet including, but not limited to, any further practice sessions, heat races, qualifying sessions or final events composing any event in the meet unless and until the rider is released by the medical personnel who treats the rider for the specific emergency medical situation at issue.

What isn't there to understand here?

He will be racing unless he is sick, not because he received an IV.
Edited by DBMX 925
  • Like 5

4.6 Intravenous Hydration a. At no time during the event will a rider receive any type of intravenous hydration unless such hydration is deemed medically necessary by medical personnel as a result of an emergency medical situation (e.g. heat stroke) encountered by a rider, during, or as a result of competing in, an event, practices, heat races or qualifying sessions that are part of an event.

b. Once a rider receives such hydration during the meet, the rider will not be permitted to compete in any further events at the meet including, but not limited to, any further practice sessions, heat races, qualifying sessions or final events composing any event in the meet unless and until the rider is released by the medical personnel who treats the rider for the specific emergency medical situation at issue.

What isn't there to understand here?

Exactly. As you have said before

Edited by Rich_Bing
  • Like 2

I think its pretty simple! DRINK SOME F'ING WATER! 

I am completely perplexed on how a guy of his caliber can get so dehydrated before an event sick or not.

I think its pretty simple! DRINK SOME F'ING WATER!

I am completely perplexed on how a guy of his caliber can get so dehydrated before an event sick or not.

Maybe all he does is shove that Monster poison down his throat?

JK.....

The less body fat yoy have, the more prone to illness you are. Thats why these guys get sick so much.

• Like 1

Exactly. As you have said before

Parts a and b both apply not one or the other.

As I read the rule, an IV as a result of food poisoning is not covered by rule 4.6. He did not get sick as a result of the race or anything associated with the race.

Am I correct?

At no time during the event will a rider receive any type of intravenous hydration unless such hydration is deemed medically necessary by medical personnel as a result of an emergency medical situation (e.g. heat stroke) encountered by a rider, during, or as a result of competing in, an event, practices, heat races or qualifying sessions that are part of an event.

• Like 4

Exactly. Now where does part A fit in to RV's situation?

If you cannot comprehend what is stated there I can't help you. Please get one of your kids or go to a neighbors to interpret it for you. You must need an IV.

As long as the doc. Said he needed it and then gives him a release saying it worked and he's good to go he can race. Its plain as day in the rule guys....