Sign in to follow this  

2001 kx125 help

I got a 2001 kx125 back in December and when I got it, it acted funny. When you would get about half throttle it would start kind of bogging but yet hitting the max rpm at the same time. I cleaned the carb, put 3 different jets in it, rebuilt the top end, and cleaned the power valves and it still does it. The only thing I could think of would be the carb boot is kind of dry rotted and needs replacing but would that suck enough air into the engine to cause this? I'm getting too aggravated at this thing.

• Like 1

I got a 2001 kx125 back in December and when I got it, it acted funny. When you would get about half throttle it would start kind of bogging but yet hitting the max rpm at the same time. I cleaned the carb, put 3 different jets in it, rebuilt the top end, and cleaned the power valves and it still does it. The only thing I could think of would be the carb boot is kind of dry rotted and needs replacing but would that suck enough air into the engine to cause this? I'm getting too aggravated at this thing.

It could be just a simple loose wire connection. Check and clean all your connections from you CDI, kill switch, stator, ect. Lots of small things play a big role in a 2stroker.

It could be just a simple loose wire connection. Check and clean all your connections from you CDI, kill switch, stator, ect. Lots of small things play a big role in a 2stroker.

I forgot to mention that it doesn't do this when I'm in 5th and 6th gear; only idling and in gears 1-4.

A good way to test of it's sucking air in through the boot is spray some starting fluid on the boot wile it's running. If the rpm's change, you got a problem.

It sounds like a rich main jet to me.

A 360 main is stock for this bike and I've put a 350, 360, and a 370 and it does the same with all of them.