HELP FCR MX install!

Why doesn't the air box boot reach the carb!?!??! I have the adapter attached to the car and I replaces the boot on the left side of the carb already so I'm not sure why this isn't fitting as expected...

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395532484.473809.jpg

Try attaching it to the air box boot first, then pull it towards the engine side boot.

You got it right,  push in on the airbox boot with your fingers/fist really hard,  it'll push it onto the carb,  once on,  keep pressure on it and tighten it down with your other free had,  have the clamp on the boot and ready,  thats how i did mine. 

Use a heat gun to soften up the boot.

Why doesn't the air box boot reach the carb!?!??! I have the adapter attached to the car and I replaces the boot on the left side of the carb already so I'm not sure why this isn't fitting as expected...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395532484.473809.jpg

put the carb on the airbox side 1st!

the way your doing it will be a pain..

pull on body of carb if you have to ..itll fit..you just have to slightly stretch the airbox

Edited by 707LAKE

put the carb on the airbox side 1st!

the way your doing it will be a pain..

pull on body of carb if you have to ..itll fit..you just have to slightly stretch the airbox

Currently fighting but I think I can manage it in. Also, what's the deal with the motor mounts? I was wtching a video where the dude removed them and doubled up on the front (clutch side) mount in order to make clearance for the throttle wheel in the rear (throttle side). Is that necessary or can I not mess with the motor mounts at all?

Had to break until tomorrow. Hungry and becoming extremely frustrated.

I clamped the carb to the air box side and have loosened the large air box clamp to help pull the carb into the left boot, but I still can't seem to get any amount of the carb into the boot itself to clamp it. It gets right up to the rubber piece and I run out of carb. Will have to do some more tugging and pulling with a fresh mind tomorrow. Also, I have not even a hint of a clue as to where the hoses are supposed to be connected so if anyone can help or provide a link to an in depth install guide it would be greatly appreciated.

It will go in it just takes a bit of practice to get it . Once you have done it , it becomes easier . The top mounts usually are moved over to clear the throttle wheel , some people have said that they didnt and it fit , so if it hits move them , if not dont . Where did you get the carb from ? sudco ? Or somewhere else ? If you had got it from TT it comes with very good instructions . I think the hoses that you are talking about might be the vacuum and the vent hose that comes from the airbox or seperator ( I cannot remember which it is right now ) The vacuum for the fuel tap needs a new source or you need a new tap , it is described in the instructions . The other line is just plugged with a 10mm bolt and tucked out of the way . You can see it in the side pic of my bike , sitting on the radiator fluid reservoir and under the carb airboot , greg 

IMG-4.jpgIMG_0001-2.jpg

P1010006.jpg

Yah ,

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395532484.473809.jpg

Warm up the rubber , then stretch .

Use a heat gun to soften up the boot.

It will go in it just takes a bit of practice to get it . Once you have done it , it becomes easier . The top mounts usually are moved over to clear the throttle wheel , some people have said that they didnt and it fit , so if it hits move them , if not dont . Where did you get the carb from ? sudco ? Or somewhere else ? If you had got it from TT it comes with very good instructions . I think the hoses that you are talking about might be the vacuum and the vent hose that comes from the airbox or seperator ( I cannot remember which it is right now ) The vacuum for the fuel tap needs a new source or you need a new tap , it is described in the instructions . The other line is just plugged with a 10mm bolt and tucked out of the way . You can see it in the side pic of my bike , sitting on the radiator fluid reservoir and under the carb airboot , greg

IMG-4.jpgIMG_0001-2.jpg

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj376/hinksy_photos/

P1010006.jpg

I purchases from the TT store. I know about where to connect the fuel and vacuum hoses but the 4 or 5 hoses that are attached to the carb are all just vent or overflow hoses of some kind and just sit out of the way? There's no mention Of them at all in the directions so I wasn't sure It doesn't seem the motor mounts are in the way for me so I'm gonna try and leave then as is for now. I didn't want to touch them without double checking first. With my luck the

engine would fall out while riding if I hadn't lol

Yah ,

Warm up the rubber , then stretch .

Yeah, this definitely helped but I was beyond the point of frustration when I began to use the heat so hopefully round two will go a lot more smoothly.

Enemy , I ran mine down the front of the rear shock , there is even a clamp fixed in there for the original drain pipe off the mikuni . Mind you I have an SM , if you have an E/S then you might want to run them up along the backbone of the frame for water crossings , greg 

Picturesofbike007.jpg

Enemy , I ran mine down the front of the rear shock , there is even a clamp fixed in there for the original drain pipe off the mikuni . Mind you I have an SM , if you have an E/S then you might want to run them up along the backbone of the frame for water crossings , greg

Picturesofbike007.jpg

Thanks. After some more searching I finally came across an old post that asked what the hell all the hoses were for so that answered my question. I wasn't sure if they needed to be connected to something as there was no mention of them in the included instructions with the TT kit.

Finally got the carb in and everything seemingly running the way it should...haven't had a chance to actually test ride since it's going to be raining til Monday/Tuesday.

I know more popping upon deaccel is common but what about a bit of a flame from the exhaust ? Is that normal as well or is it an indication of being too rich or lean?

Never seen that one before , I`m jealous 

but what about a bit of a flame from the exhaust ? Is that normal as well or is it an indication of being too rich or lean?

It's an indicator you are running an open pipe.....

See how it runs before concerning yourself about being rich or lean....recommended settings will be very close....

It's an indicator you are running an open pipe.....

See how it runs before concerning yourself about being rich or lean....recommended settings will be very close....

Will do. The only deviation I made from the recommended settings was going to clip 4 rather than 3 since my 3x3 is more like a 4x3.5. I was on clip 5 of the blue needles on stock can with JD kit so I figured I would spare myself an extra carb pull and position it a clip up in advance.

Will do. The only deviation I made from the recommended settings was going to clip 4 rather than 3 since my 3x3 is more like a 4x3.5. I was on clip 5 of the blue needles on stock can with JD kit so I figured I would spare myself an extra carb pull and position it a clip up in advance.

Ok.... so just confirm which pipe and needle you are planning on using...

Ok.... so just confirm which pipe and needle you are planning on using...

MRD SSW, k&n, emn clip 4