I'm in need of a new engine.

Turns our my rod bearing has gone bad, messed up the cylinder as well. Anyone have a recommendation on where to find a new engine besides Ebay/TT/SMJ?

Turns our my rod bearing has gone bad, messed up the cylinder as well. Anyone have a recommendation on where to find a new engine besides Ebay/TT/SMJ?

As long as the cases themselves are still good it sounds like you could get away with a new crank and main bearings.  While your in there may as well do the counterbalencer and tranny bearings.  I just got a whole set of bearings from Kawasakipartshouse.com for my klx400.  Same bearings but Kawi parts are cheaper than suzuki for some reason.  it is about 200 total for all of those OEM bearings. 8 in total.  But you may not need the main bearings if they come with the crank kit.  That will save you $78 from the site I listed.  A new cylinder kit and check your head and hopefully you'll be back on the road. may want to consider a gasket kit.  A new turnkey motor was something I just couldn't find after I got a hole in my crankcase. But I would think something on the order of about $900 to $1100 and you would basically have a new motor.  At least all the crucial shit.

did some digging.  

~170 for crank puller/installer/ case splitter/ flywheel puller all tusk from rockymountainatvmc.com

~210 for new hot rods crank from ebay

~52 for hot rods main bearing.  

~440 for cylinder works BBK on amazon or 383 for std bore

~120 for the counterbalencer bearings and tranny bearings from Kawasakipartshouse.com

+ yamabond 5 and other assorted gaskets you may need.

Your looking close to $1100.  So if you can find a motor cheaper than that and you think you can trust it then go for it.

I'm not an expert so I may be missing something but hopefully this is a good start.

Repair would depend on what you are calling, "messed up"

Try the wreckers .. That's what we call them here ( Down Under )

How many miles did you have?