I like the lines, style and size of the stock tail light and turn signals. I think Honda did a nice design on these. I also figure bigger is more light and people will see me.
I can do without the license plate bracket, reflectors, too big license plate light and fender. Although I can reinstall fender later if I want.

So this is what I did:post-327736-0-25430800-1395605809.png

Now some of you might be thinking "How illegal of you, no plate illumination ".

Au contraire mon frere.post-327736-0-64647600-1395605806.png

First remove the offending parts.

The bottom of the stock light has a triangular recessed area. Cut that out with a dremel tool. Cut a peice of Lexan ($4 for a square at Home Depot) slightly oversize. Hot glue in place. If you elect to leave fender off then some wire connectors are exposed under the light. Another peice of Lexan or plastic to cover this area. Hot glue this or use fender bolts to hold this cover in place. So it is easy to remove to reinstall fender.
Yes there are lots of aftermarket goodies that do this. They be too small for me. This costs $4.
For the weight watchers, I figure 3 lbs lost.
Cheers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

That works great, and looks good too!  Good job.

thats some nice work! i think thats the best i seen yet on a stock tail light! :thumbsup:

Edited by Gilcrf250L

That's is what I would like to do. I too like the looks of the stock blinkers and brake light all the garbage below is ugly. Can you post a pic from the rear facing under so I can see where you made the horizontal cut. I may have an afternoon project. Thanks!

That's is what I would like to do. I too like the looks of the stock blinkers and brake light all the garbage below is ugly. Can you post a pic from the rear facing under so I can see where you made the horizontal cut. I may have an afternoon project. Thanks!

I cut out the triangular recess. You can cut any shape and then cut Lexan to fit.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/wallyg_photos/image.jpg

post-280296-0-17659200-1395591329.jpg

image.jpg

Looks real good for a stock setup! Nice work!

Would it be possible to set the light under the fender more so it was less likely to break on the trails?

Edited by shiftline

Looks real good for a stock setup! Nice work!

Would it be possible to set the light under the fender more so it was less likely to break on the trails?

Yes, that is what the after market (DRC) kits do. For a price.

I'm not sue how the stock ones mounts bit could you drill new bolt holes closer to the light to set it back further?

Looks great.  How about a profile picture.  :D

There are some pics here somewhere showing the Thailand supermoto guys short rear fenders with the factory light in them .... I can't seem to find them ...  :excuseme:

I like the lines, style and size of the stock tail light and turn signals...

Wow nice job.  

Looks great.  How about a profile picture.  :D

How about two.

840e5c4d-b0ca-4892-ae22-592d87834d1f.jpg

image-3.jpg

Thats the view i was looking for. to see how far up you went with the cut. Nice. and thank You !

:thumbsup:

There are some pics here somewhere showing the Thailand supermoto guys short rear fenders with the factory light in them .... I can't seem to find them ...  :excuseme:

After several hours of research, I think I found the OEM part number for the tail light that has the clear bottom to illuminate the license plate. 33703-KZZ-901

Also an aftermarket fender-less kit that keeps the OEM tail lights. Kijima 315-033. 

315-033_01.jpg