No Tm's for 2014

TM works fine in Sweden. Great bike with fast shiping of new bikes. Spareparts also work great. 2014 models are selling well. 

TM have sold more bikes than last year if i have right info..

I am a Beta, Sherco ad TM dealer in Sweden.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be too worried.  TM seems to have a good business model.  Bikes that are handmade by small companies typically must cost more  TM charges what the market will bear, and I suspect that there are enough buyers in Europe willing to pay what it takes for TM to offer as much bike as possible.  I think the volume of bikes available for sale and the small margins based upon what Americans pay for bikes (recall that the other mfgs have lower prices in the USA than the rest of the world), makes it hard for TM USA to justify bringing in a run of bikes AND parts.

• Like 1

As the Eastern USA sales manager for TM Motorcycles USA I can answer the big question. In 2013 all of the bikes we imported were full "works" bikes with all of the "works" parts, not just the standard production bikes sold in most of the world. The TM factory owns/owned all of the bikes in our warehouse in CA, Pete Vetrano at Motoman owns all of the parts in the USA. When the 2014s became available, we had 14 leftover 2013 full works bikes in stock, left-over. The dollar/Euro Dollar exchange rate had declined in our favor by $.17 which equated to a price increase on the 2014s by about 12%. Looking at that, if we brought in 2014s at that time we had two choices. One was to bring in 2014 works style bikes at a 12% price increase or bring in 2014 standard bikes at the same price as the works 2103s. Neither was a good option. TM was only willing to participate in a price reduction on the 2013s in a very small price reduction, so in joint agreement we decided to sell off the 2013s before bringing in th 2014s. Well , after a terminally slow motorcycle market hurt us in this past  Fall and Winter where we managed to sell off the 2013s , it is too late to bring in 2014s.  The 2015s will begin production in June and we are planning to move forward from there. We continue to provide parts and support for our dealers and riders in the USA as if we had brought in 2014s.

We look forward to new challenges and renewed efforts in taking TM Motorcycles in the USA forward into the future with more help and more motorcycle inventory on hand.

Pete still races his personal TMs at Glen Helen MX Park and other SoCal locations every weekend. He will be trail riding on this Sunday in the SoCAl high desert probably on his recently restored Husky 420 Automatic with his TM250 and his restored Husaberg 350 in the truck as backups.

Ralph Flanagan

Motoman East  TM Motorcycles East - Full Bore - Cycle Lines USA

ustmsales@aol.com

• Like 1