head pipe glowing red on 05 crf450r

wat cause headpipe to glow red

I have used same jets for over 3 yrs. the only thing iv recently done was repack my muffler canister help please

how can you tell if my coolant pump is working,could this be the problem if its not pumping coolant thru cylinder or thru my radiator

How long do you let it sit and idle?

I have a yfz450 and it and a lot of others do this, I was told it's normal

Glowing read in under 2 min in daylight is not normal

You have a lean condition.

Typically it is a fuel screw and idle screw adjustment issue

Follow the 'how to set your pilot' thread at the top of the forum

Lean....jets prob have a tiny build up

he didnt mention how fast or what time of day, so unless he let it idle for a good 20 mins hes probably a little lean

Normal.

Ride the bike, stop lettting it idle in the driveway.

Use the search function., You'll find the same question is asked 1,000's of times.

Normal.

Ride the bike, stop lettting it idle in the driveway.

Use the search function., You'll find the same question is asked 1,000's of times.

new to this web site thanks a lot MR NO IT ALL

You are welcome. If you read what I wrote, it will save you a lot of time and effort.

He's not Mr. Know it all, he's just an Expert mechanic. 

That's why you came here for help, right?

Just because you think you know doesn't mean you need to "D" it up and sound condescending ohh great moderator. ..

Just because you think you know doesn't mean you need to "D" it up and sound condescending ohh great moderator. ..

Nor is there any reason for you to act the same ,,,,even though William's post was about as devoid of attitude as is possible..  so WTF dude...

Devoid enough for op to call him out..

hey im here for help and that's it. sorry if I offended anyone

No need to get all sensitive over nothing... Don't leave the bike running in one spot.. It's a race bike and will overheat and the header will glow after 30 seconds- a minute. And before you ask a question use the search bar. That question has been asked thousands of times and most questions have been... It's quick results. You want help? Help yourself sir

In Fact the answer to the actual question would be- Exhaust gases flowing out of the cylinder head after combustion.  Exhuast gas is very hot- And most headers Are very thin titanium or stainless steel. Therefore in slightly dim or dark lighting the header will glow after about 30 secs to a min of idle time.. I can light a smoke off of mine quite easily!  LMAO>.   And it is normall.  And yes a search would have brought you to a better answer than the sarcastic ones you just revieved!! However you did get the right answer.   Just my 2cs.

hey im here for help and that's it. sorry if I offended anyone[/quote ] screw em dont worry...and forum search engine is buggy garbage better off googling. .dont let the keyboard warriors get at ya.

I have to agree this search engine is odd, it has taken me a while to figure out.  Less is more and plan on seeing a ton of stuff you never knew you needed to know!  Eventually you may find what you want unless it is one of the more common issues.  The FAQ has been most helpful.  Don't even ask how to adjust a MCCT hahaha...  Hey lets all just get along and ride ride ride.