violent clutch noise

I picked up a xr 100 and while riding it in the yard i found a pretty big issue. The bike rides fine but when you bring the rpms up and release the clutch it makes a violent grinding rattling. Im trying to find information on things it can be but im not having much luck. Previous owner said the bike was never apart. Could it be something like a cracked clutch plate? Maybe from putting it in gear without the clutch in.

I picked up a xr 100 and while riding it in the yard i found a pretty big issue. The bike rides fine but when you bring the rpms up and release the clutch it makes a violent grinding rattling. Im trying to find information on things it can be but im not having much luck. Previous owner said the bike was never apart. Could it be something like a cracked clutch plate? Maybe from putting it in gear without the clutch in.

You can get 20 guesses from us as to what it might be, but the only way your going to know for sure is to take the case cover off and look..

Buy a rekluse,

Any other clutch talk here is unacceptable!

Lmbo

Check chain and sprockets first.

Maybe they're too much worn out to hold the power.

What im really wondering is could it possibly be something different like cam chain tensioner or a bad bearing in the motor?