Reed's A2 ride vs. Stewart's Toronto ride

They were both epic. Just about as equally epic if you ask me. Both taking chances in rhythm sections no one else attempted, both passing up all the heavy hitters with ease, only bonus is actually Reed's, seeing he passed Stewie. But nevertheless, I can't call Reed's ride "better." 

What i will say...........BRING ON THE OUTDOORS!

• Like 2

They were both epic. Just about as equally epic if you ask me. Both taking chances in rhythm sections no one else attempted, both passing up all the heavy hitters with ease, only bonus is actually Reed's, seeing he passed Stewie. But nevertheless, I can't call Reed's ride "better."

What i will say...........BRING ON THE OUTDOORS!

Amen brother!

And I agree, Not trying to discredit Reeds performance at all. Both were about as fun to watch as we'll likely see this season. It was great to see the Vets dig deep and hand it to the youngins lol You dont see so many heavyweights being passed with such ease by one rider (save for Alessi and sometimes Dungey) without a fight. I'm hoping Vegas may end up being slightly more interesting than it looked like a few weeks ago.

I think they were both impressive in their own right.  I would have to go with Reed, because in many ways, people thought that his career was done.  2013 was an entire season of him running mid pack, struggling with injury recovery and bike setup.  No one expected him to do what he did.  With Stewart, he hadn't had any major injuries recently, ran well at MEC, had speed all through this season, and had a bike he was familiar with and comfortable on. Toronto was probably just a night where he managed to hang on, even though he was riding over his head just like always.  

Im a JS fan and was very impressed with this weeks race for sure.  Reed's was out of nowhere!  I've watched both races several times cause they were both impressive for sure.  Now if all the cards could align and we see a 100% reed/ Stewart and throw RV in there that would be epic.  Too bad reedy got hurt!  2015!

• Like 1

A2 doesn't even compare to Toronto....  ride of the season by chad reed until the epic domination JS7 was laying down....

When's Villopoto gonna have an epic ride ?? I respect his ride in Toronto for riding like a champion when it was easier to just rest his body. I guess Daytona is the best we have seen so far outta him this season.

• Like 1

Both awesome rides...do we really have to declare one "better"?

Reed's ride had a lot more impact because of his last two seasons.  It was a comeback of sorts, and really got people pumped.

Stew's ride was pretty much perfection...but man everyone else really struggled in sections where it seems like they should not have.  Not sure what it was.  I mean Barcia could not even get rebound off the 1st step on to  double off on the long rythm section.  He screwed that section up what 6,7 times.  That was your LEADER....looking like a B group rider.  I know...the track was tough...but I think RV would not have struggled like that.  So, if RV is in the field, and Stew gets that start...I think Stew finishes P2.  For sure he handily beats RV straight up at Toronto if they get similar starts.  But last night...with a healthy RV in the field...I dont think Stew with that P14 starts wins if RV gets a normal non blown start.  Stew would have passed Barcia for the 2nd...and RV would have been another 6-8s up the track...and Stew probably would not have caught him in 20.  Same ride....and there would not have been nearly the hype over it all.  This seems like the type of track where the race would have been Stew and RV...and everyone else way way back.

I just wish Stew did not have the crappiest luck on earth.  If Stew has anyt sort of normal races at Indy and Daytona, he would be 14-16 points down, and we would still have a title chase.  I picked James for 4 wins this year...but I think that was low.  Barring poor luck...he probably wins 2 or 3 more. 

Edited by Blutarsky
  • Like 2

Both awesome rides...do we really have to declare one "better"?

Reed's ride had a lot more impact because of his last two seasons.  It was a comeback of sorts, and really got people pumped.

Stew's ride was pretty much perfection...but man everyone else really struggled in sections where it seems like they should not have.  Not sure what it was.  I mean Barcia could not even get rebound off the 1st step on to  double off on the long rythm section.  He screwed that section up what 6,7 times.  That was your LEADER....looking like a B group rider.  I know...the track was tough...but I think RV would not have struggled like that.  So, if RV is in the field, and Stew gets that start...I think Stew finishes P2.  For sure he handily beats RV straight up at Toronto if they get similar starts.  But last night...with a healthy RV in the field...I dont think Stew with that P14 starts wins if RV gets a normal non blown start.  Stew would have passed Barcia for the 2nd...and RV would have been another 6-8s up the track...and Stew probably would not have caught him in 20.  Same ride....and there would not have been nearly the hype over it all.  This seems like the type of track where the race would have been Stew and RV...and everyone else way way back.

I just wish Stew did not have the crappiest luck on earth.  If Stew has anyt sort of normal races at Indy and Daytona, he would be 14-16 points down, and we would still have a title chase.  I picked James for 4 wins this year...but I think that was low.  Barring poor luck...he probably wins 2 or 3 more. 

Did you not read the other thread,

he is being dominate.

I rewatched A2 today, Toronto was a much better ride.  A2 Reed came from 6th late in the race.  If there was 1 more lap i think JS7 would have passed him back.  When Stewart passed everyone he was gone!  I think Reeds race was a big impact for his fans(and sponsors).  But the Toronto race was one of those epic races.  Having watched the Toronto race then the A2 race it was clear.

• Like 4

I rewatched A2 today, Toronto was a much better ride. A2 Reed came from 6th late in the race. If there was 1 more lap i think JS7 would have passed him back. When Stewart passed everyone he was gone! I think Reeds race was a big impact for his fans(and sponsors). But the Toronto race was one of those epic races. Having watched the Toronto race then the A2 race it was clear.

man I watched the Toronto race like 3 times already, it was magical.
  • Like 1

Stewart was on rails in Toronto! I'm not a Stewart fan but that was the fastest I've seen anybody on a SX track in years. Simply Awesome!

Stewart fast lap; 50:913. Barcia's; 50.946. The entire top five had a fast lap time of less than half a second off of Bubba. The difference? Bubba laid it down lap after lap.

Edited by hyper7driver
  • Like 2

A2 doesn't even compare to Toronto....  ride of the season by chad reed until the epic domination JS7 was laying down....

When's Villopoto gonna have an epic ride ?? I respect his ride in Toronto for riding like a champion when it was easier to just rest his body. I guess Daytona is the best we have seen so far outta him this season.

Guess you didn't watch Daytona, RV made the best in the world look like an amateur event.

I will agree though, we just aren't seeing RV go out and win every race by 10-20 seconds, thats because Reedy, for what he was in it for, was back up to pace, Stewart is still his usual up until a crash brilliant self, and dungey, is well, angry dungey.

• Like 2

I'll have to say Reed's ride was better.

Why?

Everyone expects JS to do well. Nobody expected reed to come out balls to the wall. Reed's ride was a much higher wow factor, considering his last few seasons.

I'm more of a Reed fan than a JS7 fan and have to disagree. If you'd written Reed off I can see how you'd think that but the truth is, Experience is always gonna be hard to beat. I expect Reed to win and always had the faith that he would. "A tradesman is only as good as his tools".

JS7 destroyed that track. His approach to the "small wall" was off It's guts! JS7 finds the best race lines that in most cases normal humans can't do. He's the best there has ever been. FACT! (Rider, not so much racer)

ONE MORE YEAR!!!!!

Reeds was a more exciting win but you'll get that when you're still passing people on the last lap. It was a safe bet that JS7 had his race won by lap 10. No one in front of him even looked slightly comfortable. That track beat ever rider on it into submission EXCEPT James.

Edited by AddictedToBling
  • Like 4

I rewatched A2 today, Toronto was a much better ride.  A2 Reed came from 6th late in the race.  If there was 1 more lap i think JS7 would have passed him back.  When Stewart passed everyone he was gone!  I think Reeds race was a big impact for his fans(and sponsors).  But the Toronto race was one of those epic races.  Having watched the Toronto race then the A2 race it was clear.

I did the same and Toronto was a higher level. From out of it to off the  front.

I think they were both impressive in their own right.  I would have to go with Reed, because in many ways, people thought that his career was done.  2013 was an entire season of him running mid pack, struggling with injury recovery and bike setup.  No one expected him to do what he did.  With Stewart, he hadn't had any major injuries recently, ran well at MEC, had speed all through this season, and had a bike he was familiar with and comfortable on. Toronto was probably just a night where he managed to hang on, even though he was riding over his head just like always.  

i read it on here almost every day that james was done and will never win, or will only crash… so i have to say that not everyone thinks he will win against the great rv, rd, or kenny.  talent is deep and rv has 4 wins now… oh wait thats not rv.  oops!  :devil:  (now someone insert the championship slam while we are talking single race stuff)

I'll have to say Reed's ride was better.

Why?

Everyone expects JS to do well. Nobody expected reed to come out balls to the wall. Reed's ride was a much higher wow factor, considering his last few seasons.

do they?  funny they all say he isn't going to and he is done

Guess you didn't watch Daytona, RV made the best in the world look like an amateur event.

I will agree though, we just aren't seeing RV go out and win every race by 10-20 seconds, thats because Reedy, for what he was in it for, was back up to pace, Stewart is still his usual up until a crash brilliant self, and dungey, is well, angry dungey.

Guess you didn't read what you quoted.