Type of stand for a 2008 KTM 250 XC-W?

I'm picking up a 2008 KTM 250 XC-W soon and I want to make sure I get the right triangle size. I see 11mm, 11.5mm, 12mm, 25mm etc.

From what I've read KTM uses the back tire axle as the stand point, and from my google searching it seems like a 11mm. But then I also see 11.5 and 12. So I just want to know which one I should buy.

Also if you have any other stand alternatives, or good kick stands for my model let me know.

Thanks

Trailtech does not offer a kickstand for '08-14 bikes :confused:

Thanks for the kickstand suggestion, but can anyone clarify the size triangle stand I need? (Millimeters)

Why not just use the factory kickstand that came with the bike?

I agree with OTIS - pick up the actual kickstand that came with your bike. Carrying around a triangle is a pain. Maybe you can wear it around your neck and signal lunch for your buddies though.

Triangle stand.. XC-W... Huh??

Error on the small side. Triangle pin does not have to be a tight fit to hold the bike up.

I get what you guys are saying, and yes when I have a bit more money in my pocket I'll buy a nice kick stand for $150. But right now I just want something quick and easy to have my bike sit on when it's in the garage, and when I'm taking a rest in the parking lot after doing trails.

Obviously when I'm in the woods, for now, I'll just lean it against a tree.

So back to my original question: what kind of triangle size do I need for my KTM.

I get what you guys are saying, and yes when I have a bit more money in my pocket I'll buy a nice kick stand for $150. But right now I just want something quick and easy to have my bike sit on when it's in the garage, and when I'm taking a rest in the parking lot after doing trails.

Obviously when I'm in the woods, for now, I'll just lean it against a tree.

So back to my original question: what kind of triangle size do I need for my KTM.

It came stock with a stand.....no longer there? Less weight!

I guess I'm too old-school. I don't understand why anyone would take off the kickstand on an off-road bike. I won't own a bike without one.

I guess I'm too old-school. I don't understand why anyone would take off the kickstand on an off-road bike. I won't own a bike without one.

Many take them off for racing applications. 1) weight reduction 2) one less thing to get hung up.

I'm with you though!! I value my kickstands! Here in the desert we don't have trees to lean our bikes on and I'll be damned if I'm leaning it on a cactus!!

I get it, if you're RV or JS7 or the like. The rest of the world; not so much. I guess it sells a lot of levers, perches, grips and plastic to those who feel it's worth the half-pound.

By all means, take 'em off. But don't think you're going to lean your "cool" bike against mine when there's no trees around.

Agreed. I have caught myself worrying about extra weight too. I figure I can lose 5 lbs by eating better.