Sign in to follow this  

Type of stand for a 2008 KTM 250 XC-W?

I'm picking up a 2008 KTM 250 XC-W soon and I want to make sure I get the right triangle size. I see 11mm, 11.5mm, 12mm, 25mm etc.

From what I've read KTM uses the back tire axle as the stand point, and from my google searching it seems like a 11mm. But then I also see 11.5 and 12. So I just want to know which one I should buy.

Also if you have any other stand alternatives, or good kick stands for my model let me know.

Thanks

Thanks for the kickstand suggestion, but can anyone clarify the size triangle stand I need? (Millimeters)

I agree with OTIS - pick up the actual kickstand that came with your bike. Carrying around a triangle is a pain. Maybe you can wear it around your neck and signal lunch for your buddies though.

• Like 1

I get what you guys are saying, and yes when I have a bit more money in my pocket I'll buy a nice kick stand for $150. But right now I just want something quick and easy to have my bike sit on when it's in the garage, and when I'm taking a rest in the parking lot after doing trails.

Obviously when I'm in the woods, for now, I'll just lean it against a tree.

So back to my original question: what kind of triangle size do I need for my KTM.

I get what you guys are saying, and yes when I have a bit more money in my pocket I'll buy a nice kick stand for $150. But right now I just want something quick and easy to have my bike sit on when it's in the garage, and when I'm taking a rest in the parking lot after doing trails.

Obviously when I'm in the woods, for now, I'll just lean it against a tree.

So back to my original question: what kind of triangle size do I need for my KTM.

It came stock with a stand.....no longer there? Less weight!

• Like 1

I guess I'm too old-school. I don't understand why anyone would take off the kickstand on an off-road bike. I won't own a bike without one.

I guess I'm too old-school. I don't understand why anyone would take off the kickstand on an off-road bike. I won't own a bike without one.

Many take them off for racing applications. 1) weight reduction 2) one less thing to get hung up.

I'm with you though!! I value my kickstands! Here in the desert we don't have trees to lean our bikes on and I'll be damned if I'm leaning it on a cactus!!

I get it, if you're RV or JS7 or the like. The rest of the world; not so much. I guess it sells a lot of levers, perches, grips and plastic to those who feel it's worth the half-pound.

By all means, take 'em off. But don't think you're going to lean your "cool" bike against mine when there's no trees around.

• Like 1