Sign in to follow this  

js7 seven gear 300+$? what a joke...

So after a late debut the seven site is up..wich linked me to troyleedesignes ...300+ on not the best looking line is a joke ...I see an epic product fail within a year and a half without atleast a 20% cost decrease ...wtf james were not all ballers nor do we gef free gear 300 is out of most americans budget for pants and jersey combo...its a sad day when pants n jers combo cost as much as boots ...

Hahaha ya thats what happens when u mix Troy Lee and JS7 to a product. And DUMBASSES will pay it too

What are you so mad about? Seven gear was and is intended to be a high end line right off the bat. There isn't a "budget" or entry level in the entire product line. Their pricing is on par with every other gear manufacturer's top of the line pricing. MSRP and actual prices vary anyway........Don't ever go check out Klim's website. You'll blow a gasket for sure. 

Nobody gets "free" gear, so I don't know what that reference is about.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yea Klim gear is good shit too, I got their helmet thing freaking rocks and after a year of washing it every other ride it still feels and looks new.

Wait a year, or even less. It'll be on closeout at the end of the season at an affordable price I'm guessing. 300 is right around what other gear companies high end sets are going for. And remember, that's the MSRP. As mentioned above, the actual price on BTO and other sites will be less.

• Like 1

Wait a year, or even less. It'll be on closeout at the end of the season at an affordable price I'm guessing. 300 is right around what other gear companies high end sets are going for. And remember, that's the MSRP. As mentioned above, the actual price on BTO and other sites will be less.

This. Why buy when its crazy expensive. I remember the jt Dalmatian gear was really expensive and I saw it on broke last year for 75 bucks. Closeout prices are the way to go

Edited by 563ripper
  • Like 1

What are you so mad about? Seven gear was and is intended to be a high end line right off the bat. There isn't a "budget" or entry level in the entire product line. Their pricing is on par with every other gear manufacturer's top of the line pricing. MSRP and actual prices vary anyway........Don't ever go check out Klim's website. You'll blow a gasket for sure.

heres a short list of free gear recipients I was referencing http://supercross.com/2014-supercross-450-season-points/ any ways not even budget shopping..just way over priced for not that flashy of gear..expecially when my last tld gear busted through the knees on the 5th ride ...glad I wasnt the only one appalled by this shat gear

RMATV closeout gear for me.  :banana:  In December the stuff goes on sale for prices that are cheaper than used CL garbage! 

• Like 3

Gosh, racing/ riding for 50 years here, wonder how we all survived with out this high end stuff?  Must be like pulling into the pits in your BMW /Mercedes,  with your crew in your Peterbuilt hauler or something!  Guess it really will make you a faster rider!

• Like 1

I honestly wouldn't wear it just because it would look like I was a JS7 wannabe, but to be fair to Bubba I'm sure it's great quality stuff and I wouldn't be caught wearing something that was any other riders either. That is unless he was to send me a free set, then HELL yeah why not!! PM me for shipping instructions or I can pick it up when I'm wake boarding behind your Butler chain house sometime. LOL

You won't find this gear on closeout, They are limited runs on each design. Looks like all limited or special run gear is $$$.  Seven gear is hot, clean designs. i'd buy it if it were cheaper. The stuff gets destroyed when you are riding.

What are you so mad about? Seven gear was and is intended to be a high end line right off the bat. 

So what exactly makes it "high end" besides the price.  The stuff probably cost $20 to mfg for the entire kit.  Aka 10% more than the "budget" stuff.

Its so expensive b/c it has special features.

These include:

Padded portion on jersey exclusively for wiping ones chin off

Special rear entry passageways, supposedly for ventillation?

I get free gear all the time.

probably from all of the Jap manufacturers that read your thread

Closeout pants/jersey for this guy. I'd rather spend the money on my bike or racing.

Edited by Tech707
  • Like 1

The Seven gear may be solid, but who knows. Probably not too many normal every day guys that are gonna do reviews on it because it won't be bought. $250-$300 is what most manufacturers ask for their top stuff. I'll stick with my closeout or sale stuff. I can get a full Alias set for about $100 from last year. If you don't like the price, you don't have to buy it or even go on the website. Someone will though.