Disappointed with JetsRUs

Rant ON  

Well, that's an hour of my life I won't be getting back.

After doing a lot of research on here, I tried today to buy my jets for my Sudco Slant FCR, went though the whole process, go to pay for the order(I have access to a US mail drop that I normally use, I'm in Canada), great, they take paypal, go to pay, "Sorry, this account doesn't accept out of country paypal accounts".  They offer Canadian shipping, but at a premium($12 more, I'm fine with that), look more into their site, find out they only accept money orders, or western union($9 charge for that), so that's 1.1 exchange rate, $12 more for shipping, $9 for money order, time to buy from a local stealer instead.  The other choice is buy a money order, and send it snail mail to them.

I understand having issues with stolen credit cards from "foreign"(not that I think Canada should be considered foreign anyway), but isn't that what Paypal is for?  I buy stuff on ebay, online stores(including Amazon, etc) all the time in the US, and pay for it with either my Cdn credit card, or Paypal, NEVER had an issue until them.

I know I'm just one customer, but I'm sure I'm not the first or the last person living in Canada that will get frustrated with them, hopefully this stops another Canadian from wasting their time checking out JetsRUs (I guess the US at the end of their name really stands for US ONLY)

Rant off

Another Canuck here. Thanks for the heads up.

Another Canuck here. Thanks for the heads up.

+1 :thumbsup:

Great post - thanks for the heads up !!

I am a Brit and have been living in Canada for almost 20 years. I love it here but have also had a few challenges with purchasing fron the US.

With respect to jetting, there are plenty of places in Canada to buy jets from and they are not that expensive. I use "Winners Circle" in Marham, Toronto.

Flint

its funny this has come up. arent we supposed to have free trade? if so whats with all the duty we have to pay on items shipped from the states? Plus, how can i order something from China with free shipping and it here in 3 days!! I realize the products quality may not be there, but on some things it just doesnt matter. I have definitly found buying from my local stealership can be as cheap if not cheaper than ordering from the states for some items and usually price both out before purchasing.

Great post - thanks for the heads up !!

I am a Brit and have been living in Canada for almost 20 years. I love it here but have also had a few challenges with purchasing fron the US.

With respect to jetting, there are plenty of places in Canada to buy jets from and they are not that expensive. I use "Winners Circle" in Marham, Toronto.

Flint

Thanks for the lead on Winner's Circle, Flint, they're actually less expensive(from the main jet I used for comparison) than JetsRUS, and I'm going by there on Tuesday:)

Another update, after not being able to find a FCR39 rebuild kit(and not wanting to try and figure out which parts make up the rebuild kit), I ended up ordering the jets and the rebuild kit from pjmotorsports, no problem with the Cdn paypal acct, and shipped it to my US mail drop.

I would have ordered it from the place in Toronto, but they didn't offer the rebuild kit in their catalog.

I use Reship.com for stuff suppliers don't send down under

I just use good Ol E Bay

Craig, it wasn't the shipping they had a problem with, it was that I had to use a US card, or Western Union, or money order(the first, I don't have, the other 2 cost me money)

Edited by markfrobson

Chooken, thats usually my first attempt, but I needed a bunch of things, easier to get from 1 store. All good now, some parts from PJ, some others from Thumpertalk's store