Sign in to follow this  

Front sprocket cover...

Is it ok to run with this off?  I think the stocker is hideous looking.  I was either planning on just taking it off or getting a Zeta cover.

Anyone run with it off and any issues if so?

Youll probably hear more chain noise.  And youll know things went bad if you get your boot laces/pant leg caught in the front sprocket.  It does make it easier to clean the mud out thou!

I run with it off and have for years, I need mud to clear and easy cleaning more than I need protection and quietness, also I always ride in MX boots so the guard is superfluous.

• Like 2

Mine wasn't on when I got it & it's been fine. Plus it makes it real easy to keep your sprocket nut in check. As long as the case savers still there it will be fine.

• Like 2

I went the cheap option and cut out the reliefs on the std cover , greg

Picturesofbike008.jpg

Me like :) what is the best method for this? My tool selection is limited however I do have a dremel :)

Picturesofbike008.jpg

Nice,  i did the same thing,  cut out those 3 sections,  but me bottom is not cut out like yours,  i left it stock size,    

+ this way you can keep an eye on the sprocket nut,  make sure its not loose. 

Picturesofbike008.jpg

that looks good. I cheese balled mine with a hole saw for the same reason. This looks a lot better than mine. I planned on swapping to a zeta or similar at some point.

Me like :) what is the best method for this? My tool selection is limited however I do have a dremel :)

Mtnryder , I just used a drill , stanley knife and a file to clean it up . I drilled out the ends of the three slots then cut them with the knife . And then cut the bottom off with the knife . If you heat the blade , it cuts like butter , then just used the file to clean up the edges . I think a dremel would do the job much better , greg