Sign in to follow this  

maximum riser height without new cables? ('13 350 xcf-w)

Hi guys, so pumped to pick up my '13 350 xcf-w.  Will need risers - I don't feel comfortable when the bike feels like it's 4 feet below me (I'm 6'2").

Anyway, all you riser fans, how tall can you go until you need new cables?  I don't need that expense.

Additionally, I am looking for a pegs solution - down and back - and more than the 10mm or whatever the Fastaway pegs reposition...any ideas?

Edited by erikvik

I am also 6'2" and 

There is a seat you can buy to perk you up on the bike while seating down. Power parts 781.07.940.000

I currently have the KTM stabilizer and 20mm risers so you are good till 40mm easy...

I would get 20mm risers and find a proper handle bar for your height.

Given my current setup i went with u695.1393. It balanced out everything so i was in the proper location all the time naturally...

Don't know but I think i'd like a bit more slack in the throttle cable routing. Even done the right way with 20mm risers I think it could have a little more room!

im 6'3 and i love the ktm ergos.  on all 3 of mine i push the bars all the way forward in their adjustments.  Im running KTM Hi bend on 2 bikes and reed/henry bend on the 250.  Ive run tall risers on other bikes and i feel like it gets more cramped cause the bars go up and back.

what bend bars do you have?

I'm not really sure how much my Flexx bars raised my handlebars, but I'm running a 5mm riser with them and needed to get a longer throttle cable.  My bike is a 11' 350XC-F so i'm not sure if they changed the cable length on the newer bikes.

im 6'3 and i love the ktm ergos.  on all 3 of mine i push the bars all the way forward in their adjustments.  Im running KTM Hi bend on 2 bikes and reed/henry bend on the 250.  Ive run tall risers on other bikes and i feel like it gets more cramped cause the bars go up and back.

what bend bars do you have?

I have the stock bars, so not too much rise in them.  I've run risers and tall bars before and just rotated them forward so it didn't feel cramped.  I think I will get risers as cheaper than new bars (and I usually bend my bars sooner or later and will upgrade them then!)

I put on the OEM KTM Bar risers on my XCF.  Hoses (since they're hydraulic) plenty of room. I think they are 30 mm. I'm going to replace the bars as some point with the Rick Carmichael as they have the highest bend