Gaerne SG10 or Fox F3 Race boots? Which ones...

Hey guys, need some advice or input from anybody that has worn either Gaerne SG10 or Fox F3 Race MX boots – how did you like them and which did you prefer?  I have my eyes on these and can’t decide which one to go for:

Edited by mxmonkey

Don't listen to this guy. I had a pair of Fox F3. I really liked them. Replaced them with Astars tech 8s, and hated the f'ing things!!!! I replaced those with a pair of Forma Dominators. LOVE them!!!

Yes, don't listen to me listen to the guy who cheaps out on a very important piece of equipment. Sidi and Gaerne make the best boots, period. Next time you need some boots spend a few extra dollars and you will see the light.

Yes, don't listen to me listen to the guy who cheaps out on a very important piece of equipment. Sidi and Gaerne make the best boots, period. Next time you need some boots spend a few extra dollars and you will see the light.

I have no disagreement with boots being an important piece of equipment.  I just think that price is not a very good guide to quality.  Boot and helmets both have "super premium" brands, but there are also less costly alternatives that provide excellent protection.  At least with helmets there are Snell ratings.  With boots, you have to do the best you can with knowledgeable recommendations.  

I have no disagreement with boots being an important piece of equipment. I just think that price is not a very good guide to quality. Boot and helmets both have "super premium" brands, but there are also less costly alternatives that provide excellent protection. At least with helmets there are Snell ratings. With boots, you have to do the best you can with knowledgeable recommendations.

With boots the most expensive are almost always going to be the best.

Dunno about the F3s as I've never worn them. But after one ride, I can see why the SG10s get the rave reviews. Broke in in a matter of a few minutes, fit perfect (on my feet at least), and the quality is second to none.

But I don't think I would ever buy used boots from Ebay. They've already taken the shape of the PO's feet, and will never fit or feel quite as good as new ones.

Dunno about the F3s as I've never worn them. But after one ride, I can see why the SG10s get the rave reviews. Broke in in a matter of a few minutes, fit perfect (on my feet at least), and the quality is second to none.

But I don't think I would ever buy used boots from Ebay. They've already taken the shape of the PO's feet, and will never fit or feel quite as good as new ones.

I bought a used set of sg10s off ebay for$70 shipped. Theywere in good shape too. I tried them and used them untill i got some new ones later...excellent boots!!!!