Foresthill Trail 6 - fact or fiction?

What I know of downieville downhill is limited to what we ride lol so I know sunrise, butcher ranch, third divide and first divide as well as road 93-2 out of Sierra city behind the general store up to packer lake I also know the look out that's about it for trail names the rest I had no clue what we were on

93 up to packer out of Sierra city had a lot of snow on it up top big 40-60ft long patches 1' and deeper pretty fun

I shoveled snow for 3 days several years ago for the MTB race below Packer Saddle in July..... Looks like a couple of weeks and all the snow should be gone up there, the Friday50 Club may have to have a Board meeting up there.
  • Like 1

I shoveled snow for 3 days several years ago for the MTB race below Packer Saddle in July..... Looks like a couple of weeks and all the snow should be gone up there, the Friday50 Club may have to have a Board meeting up there.

Keep me posted! If I can can an honorary member pass...

goobersbro?

What's up?

I am planning on riding Sunday but not sure where. Have a buddy trying to get me to go to downieville again and another trying to get me to ride chockbluff and then me in the middle contemplating sugar pine lol

Going down from trail 6 is a very difficult ride.  There are 36 switchbacks on the Devil's Thumb side of the canyon and about 24 on the other side.  You can ride up the WST till you hit the wilderness near Squaw Valley & take the dirt roads back.  It's an all day thing.

The 100 mile endurance run is June 28 - 29 http://www.wser.org/  & the Tevis Cup, August 9, http://www.teviscup.org/  is also a Horse Race is coming up soon as well.  You don't want to be in Foresthill those weekends.  There are more people in that little town than you can imagine.

In my experience, riding the WST before the race was a bummer.  There were downed trees everywhere.  We crossed way too many before we turned back.  Last time I rode this there were trees so big I would have never been able to cross.

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

There is also a SSS trail near there that we won't mention.  I've Hunted for it more than once!  I wish someone would take me there................................... hint hint. ?

Edited by superslyko
  • Like 1

Going down from trail 6 is a very difficult ride.  There are 36 switchbacks on the Devil's Thumb side of the canyon and about 24 on the other side.  You can ride up the WST till you hit the wilderness near Squaw Valley & take the dirt roads back.  It's an all day thing.

The 100 mile endurance run is June 28 - 29 http://www.wser.org/  & the Tevis Cup, August 9, http://www.teviscup.org/  is also a Horse Race is coming up soon as well.  You don't want to be in Foresthill those weekends.  There are more people in that little town than you can imagine.

In my experience, riding the WST before the race was a bummer.  There were downed trees everywhere.  We crossed way too many before we turned back.  Last time I rode this there were trees so big I would have never been able to cross.

There is also a SSS trail near there that we won't mention.  I've Hunted for it more than once!  I wish someone would take me there................................... hint hint. ?

yeah, the best time to ride WST is after the 100mile Endurance run or Tevis. they spend several weeks clearing all the trees from the trail. SSS stands for what ?

SSS = Super Secret Spot

note:  Kinda like my initials.  I did make it up.  ?   I don't care what you say........................ I made it up!   ?

StudlySuperSlyko...................... SuperStudlySlyko.................... naw too much.  ?

Edited by superslyko

Because this is a public forum, we don't discuss any SSS. If any Super Secret Singletrack really exists, it is talked about amongst friends around a campfire, not on the interweb.

Shoot.....I don't have either!  :excuseme:

Maybe if I build a campfire, friends will come? Yes, I am now certain I heard that somewhere. "if you build it...."

The environmental wackos would have a fit.  We have dirt bikers up here that go nuts if you make tracks in the loam that are 3" off the trail.   I personally would love to see that. I don't think the paddles would last the whole ride.  I've never ridden in the dunes or on the beach. Wilson Canyon doesn't count as dunes.  Yerington doesn't count.  I once looked out over Pismo Beach with longing in my eyes.  :shocked:  Does that count?

Bucket list stuff. The last few miles you'd be fishtailing all over the place.  It'll be great.  ?  ?

After riding the day with Pizzaman I've learned......................................... don't believe anything he says.  :naughty:  Ever.................... though............................ He did come back for me & make sure I wasn't dead.................... so I guess he ain't all bad.  Yeah, all in all these guys took good care of me.  Coming back for me more than once, helping me up the cliff, riding my bike up a nasty.  Yeah, I really hate you guys.

Goobersbro has a GREAT NICK!  He put some time into that!  Thinking is good!

Edited by superslyko