California Foresthill Trail 6 - fact or fiction?

Can you guys post a vid of that gnarly switchback? I'm trying to psych myself up to do this ride towards the middle of summer but I can't see my novice ass getting over that thing on a yz250.

t I can't see my novice ass getting over that thing on a yz250.

I'm not sure what you are saying.

The YZ 250 is the best all around off road bike made.

I have had two and looked at a new one a few weeks ago.

Find a trials tire, 10 PSI at the most.

Fly wheel weight, 13/50 gearing.

You now have a great bike for trail 6

• Like 1

It's not so much the bike that worries me as it is the endurance of dragging that thing throughout the loop.

It only took me 5 days.................. but.....................I IS BACK!!!!

Oh, I'm such a stud!  

Ask Dave........................... he knows!  :p

Edited by superslyko
  • Like 1

My son would hate me more than he already does if I take him to trail #6.  :cry:

This weekend is MOTHERS DAY!  Live it, do it, be one with it.

SWMBO is the boss!

She who must be obeyed! ;)  

Edited by superslyko

Thank you Erio for the clever Title of this thread. It attracted a horde of comments and fun replies.  Well done.    And special thanks to the loop 6 trail riders and ride reports! :thumbsup:

Trail 6:  the facts and fiction, the agony and ecstasy of it all.   We do live in interesting times! :usa:

100_0057_zpscd012455.jpg

and NorCal Rules!

100_1076_zps9953a9fd.jpg

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 1

So..................................................

Burlington Ridge is calling my name.  A nice easy trail ride.  There are no cliffs, no big hills, no nasty drop offs.   :naughty:  It's a nice easy turny maze through the woods.  I'm thinking of that trail down to Washington & having lunch out on the Pub's deck, overlooking the river.  I've got to lose 25 lbs. & this will be a big step in that direction!  :D

Heck, I've already done 2 work days with the Nevada County Woods Riders on that spot.................................................................... so I think I'm good.   :smirk:

What are the conditions up there?  Snow?  Dust?  :thumbsup:

Talk to me, Oh TT Brethren. It's time to go to Church!  :ride:

P.S.  My ribs still hurt.

Edited by superslyko

not much snow up there... haven t been up that far in a little but i d imagine now the snow is all gone and the good ole moondust is thick..

the old pub in washington is a great spot for lunch and a brew !!

Foresthill. Sat 17th or sun18th.

Anyone still up for it?

I can go either day.

Rode up out of Sierra city onto the downieville downhill trail as well as butcher ranch and the surrounding trails/ fire roads conditions were good.

It snowed on us most of the ride Saturday and Sunday was sunny.

Couldn't make it up to the look out too much snow forced us to turn around should be just about perfect in another two weeks

Great place to ride, did you ride Rattlesnake by any chance?

• Like 1

What I know of downieville downhill is limited to what we ride lol so I know sunrise, butcher ranch, third divide and first divide as well as road 93-2 out of Sierra city behind the general store up to packer lake I also know the look out that's about it for trail names the rest I had no clue what we were on

93 up to packer out of Sierra city had a lot of snow on it up top big 40-60ft long patches 1' and deeper pretty fun

Edited by Goobersbro

Foresthill. Sat 17th or sun18th.

Anyone still up for it?

I can go either day.

My buddy and I are heading up Friday night for the weekend.

It sure is nice when it's over & you can say.............................. "I did it!"  :thumbsup:

Do I want to do it again!?  Sure, I do.  Just not right now.  :banghead:   The poison oak just healed.  :cry:

I can ride this stuff.  Sure it takes some work & determination, but it's nothing I can't handle.  Says the weekend warrior that is 25 lbs overweight.  ;)

P.S.  My Columbus IPA just came on line.  It is some hoppy stuff!  I've heard it described as "Dank" or "Tastes like Cat  :censored: "  And it does!  It's some potent stuff. Not for the timid. I've been brewing for over a year now & I can finally appreciate this kind of brew.  The light Blondes I used to brew just don't cut it anymore.  This beer blows that Michelob AmberBock right outta the water!  :shocked:

Edited by superslyko