California Foresthill Trail 6 - fact or fiction?

Morning fellow thumper talkers! I was wondering if I can get to the western trails from loop 6? I will be leaving the Bay Area tonight. Heading up to foresthill for the weekend and never been on the western state trails are they even worth looking for....??? thanks for reading bros!

Edited by RideOrange350

Morning fellow thumper talkers! I was wondering if I can get to the western trails from loop 6? I will be leaving the Bay Area tonight. Heading up to foresthill for the weekend and never been on the western trails are they even worth looking for....??? thanks for reading bros!

yes, do you mean the western states trail ? the WST crosses trail #6 two times. near deadwood and near devils thumb. here is a link to the official trail system map.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_MEDIA/stelprdb5301105.pdf

WST is a cool and unique trail. it's very remote in places, has some cool views and long enough that it requires some logistics WRT to gas/water. there are several creeks you cross and the water is mostly drinkable, but you'd probably want to filter it. there are no gas stations past foresthill. theyre are several opportunities to get off the trail past devils thumb, but you have to use public roads and need a plated bike to get back. so, it's basically an in/out trail on dirt bikes unless you stage a truck at one of the getting off points. I have not done the decsent/acsent into the american river canyon,  yet, but ridden other sections. it's not overly difficult, but because of the distances it can wear you out. it's up there with Rubicon for some of us, in terms of "having done it".

Edited by cynicryder

So it's looking like sugar pine for me Sunday will know better tomorrow but as of now I'll be up there to play :)

loop 6 sucks,  Loop 5 is where the action is.  The Queen of The sierras

100_0081_zps0dba51e5.jpg

Have a good ride up at FH you guys!! 

A couple of us are riding Cow Mtn. and I'm sure there will be some pics and GoPro footage.....

Maybe a group ride in a couple weeks???

• Like 1

loop 6 sucks,  Loop 5 is where the action is.  The Queen of The sierras

100_0081_zps0dba51e5.jpg

yeah, except we just did #5 from sugar pine a few weeks ago. 

Where is everyone meeting and what time tomorrow I'm rolling up solo....on a all white 2009 wr250f

I was at sugarpine with a white/red superduty with camper and trailer. My buddy and I spent sat flying through the low number trails and found out he didn't care for 5 to China wall on his bike. Today, we headed out some road to forest hill rd to bypass 5 and counter clockwise on 6. We rode till wst trail and took the main road out till the tailend of 6. I was on my backup cr250 and he was on my reklused husky te310.....he only fell off the trail once after the first bridge and I had to pop open the clutch cover to reset the rekluse. Thankfully, it was fine after. He wasn't to happy with the tech stuff so he said I got my wish and I got to do all the harder stuff twice..:) we eventually made it back and I just got home 20min ago.

Great trip...next time I'm going to do the whole thing...it was fun as hell and a beautiful trail with epic views.

Nicely done :) I ended up staying home I wasn't sure where or who to look for and my two buddies backed out. I didn't want to go up and ride solo so I took my wife out on a date day instead.

We did the Burlington Ridge/Chalk Bluff combo.  No snow.  Minimum Dust.  There were only 4 trucks in the staging area but there were 10+ Forestry workers in their Orange shirts, tracters & backhoe's.  They weren't fixing the trails but widening the roads????

The Hotel in Washington was fantastic.  A great IPA on tap & a wonderful burger.  :thumbsup:

The best image was 4 bearded red necks sitting on a porch, middle of the day, just chillin!  Nuther fella had just washed his Harley & was drying it with a leaf blower.

redneck-camping-jpg.jpg

Washington has a population of 109 people & they love dirt bikers that spend $$$$$.  

No cliffs, no poison oak, no steaming................................................ We had a great ride!  :D

Edited by superslyko

Nice that's close to what my camp usually looks like....I need to get up to Washington again now that I know the trails are across the highway.

We did a night run Saturday night around 930.....that was a lot of fun, I'm thinking I should try more night runs from now on...not on 6 though, kinda to out there.

Reason I Asked is Because i read that you are getting use to it!

I decided to uncork mine and the difference was pretty significant!

Alot of power!

I went from a 2001 YZF450

To a 2014 WR450 and tought the WR would be alot less powerful!

But I was Wrong!

Sorry YZF426

Reason I Asked is Because i read that you are getting use to it!

I decided to uncork mine and the difference was pretty significant!

Alot of power!

I went from a 2001 YZF450

To a 2014 WR450 and tought the WR would be alot less powerful!

But I was Wrong!Sorry YZF426

Nice! Yea I came from a 2004 yz450f and this past weekend I actually had the chance to ride it again. I sold it to a friend and after riding it most of the day Saturday I am still way more pleased with my wr250

Ha ha ha!

Thats Cool!

My Son Rides an Uncorked 2012 CRF450X and He tells me that I should put the Cork back on Mine!

Its Just that we Ride Technical trails most of the Time here in So Cal

And this thing all it wants to do is Pop Wheelies and It feels like it wants to Buck me off like a Wild Pony!

I guess i just gotta get use to the Unrestricted power of the WR!