California Foresthill Trail 6 - fact or fiction?

I may tag along for a June Trail 6 ride.

It is not the hardest trail in the world, but it is pretty fun.

Momentum is key in a few spots.

Have fun out there, conditions should be great.

Rode there on Sunday after the rain storm and racers under the son have gone in and worked on the trail recently. If you go clockwise they cleaned up the 2nd or 3rd switch back by leveling all the rocks to make a nice driveway around the corner. The start of the trail looks recently rerouted but actually adds a few hundred feet of trail. Finally they cleaned up one of the nasty ledge climbs on that ridge toward the nw end of the trail. The ledge I don't mind them fixing because the way the rock there was shaped it could point your front tire off the edge if you carried too little speed into it. The other corner I liked for the carnage factor though.

There is a shit ton of poison oak on the trail right now and it's super over grown coming out of the canyon up onto the aforementioned ridge. They also ran a foot race from forest hill to last chance on Saturday and the wst is a pounded in mess from 300 people running it in the mud.

• Like 1

They also ran a foot race from forest hill to last chance on Saturday and the wst is a pounded in mess from 300 people running it in the mud.

But dirt bikers and mountain bikers are the ones causing all the erosion.  The Sierra's will be a prairie in no time from those damned bikers...

Matt Brownley the forest service trail guy has been very busy up on the trails at Foresthill. A lot of work has been done on trail six

already with more planned. He has a grant to do a bunch more work this year. There's a few of us from Foresthill who have put in many days of work up there. If any of you want to give a day some time give Matt a call at Foresthill ranger station.

• Like 3

Matt Brownley the forest service trail guy has been very busy up on the trails at Foresthill. A lot of work has been done on trail six

already with more planned. He has a grant to do a bunch more work this year. There's a few of us from Foresthill who have put in many days of work up there. If any of you want to give a day some time give Matt a call at Foresthill ranger station.

Kevin,

Do you know if they intend on doing something about the small hill coming up from the first bridge going clockwise? It's the spot with the old Yamaha leaning against the tree and the rocks wrapped in wire. Hate riding that section cause that wire is asking to get wrapped up in the bike.

Yes there is a planned reroute there, It's suppose to go below the bike down stream then turn back and meet up with existing trail.

There's also a reroute in the works to take the road section of loop five and move it off road and make it a trail. I will put something out when they get closer because I thumper talk guys are willing to help.

• Like 1

Right?!

And I still haven't ridden that @$&*#% trail. I should quit being a *@££¥ and go hit it solo.

June will be hot and dusty-still better than nothing of course, but now is the time to go.

Yeah your right about that

Want to ride this Saturday?

Edited by Joaquin Pre-mix

Yeah your right about that

Want to ride this Saturday?

Sure. China Wall is a short drive for me, so you name the time.

I can get there by about 8:30

• Like 1

Sounds good, 8:30ish Saturday then.

let me know if something comes up 

3335706 local area code

• Like 1

08:30 hummm I may come and join you guys. stuinfh do you live in forest hill?

08:30 hummm I may come and join you guys. stuinfh do you live in forest hill?

(Oh, you're the local dude, sorry.)

Yes, been up there a while now.

Edited by StuInFH

take pics dude

Yeah will do

We should get the group up there in june before it really gets hot and dusty.

Sounds good, 8:30ish Saturday then.

let me know if something comes up

3335706 local area code

Thumbs up!

I'll start eating my Wheaties now so I'm ready

I can remember when I used to ride that trail all by myself.  Once in each direction in a single afternoon & wouldn't break a sweat.  I would park down Michigan Bluff & take the WST up to trail 6.  You China Wall guys should do it just once, but trail 5 is still a great ride.  Try doing THAT in the fall when the wet leaves cover the trail.  :thumbsup:

Oh, the views.  French Meadows & Hell Hole Reservoir.  Hunters................................. I think there's some story about Devil's Thumb on TT somewhere.

Those days are long gone.  I've slowed down a little since then.  :lol:

Edited by superslyko

Don't get too excited, sorry, but I am pushing 60, had my last of 3 joint surgeries over last 4 years just a year ago and I tore my MCL and medial meniscus a few months ago.  

But I can't get lost following on 6, as it is a loop.

Don't get too excited, sorry, but I am pushing 60, had my last of 3 joint surgeries over last 4 years just a year ago and I tore my MCL and medial meniscus a few months ago.  

But I can't get lost following on 6, as it is a loop.

Dude, you and I need to ride :thumbsup:

Hey Sean you should go

Ssummers.jpg

Probably picked it up to throw it in the dumpster. Rumor is Scott Summers absolutely hated the 400 and after a race or two on it, told Honda he would only race his 600. They complied.