CBR300R is officially out, next is 300L?

CBR300R is officially released here today in Bangkok motor show.

So we can expect CRF300L coming soon?? Can't remember what is the time line between cbr250r and crf250L.

But there's rumor about Honda plant already stop production of 250L, not sure if it's true. I need to find someone who work for AP Honda to get the info.

I haven't seen any detail spec or price yet. It's press day today for the shoe, public show will start tomorrow so it should be mroe info coming in. I will be there this weekend.

This gonna get me thinking if I should install 305 kit to 250L now or waiting for 300L and pump it up to 350.

1395734427-1383884146-o.jpg

532223_1469726766577706_1886336787_n.jpg

1395731380-1668-o.jpg

• Like 2

Oh, yes...a 300L is going to debut in Honda's 2015's lineup w/o question.

The 250L line is now a proven home run success in every sense of the word. 

There isn't a a single bike out there that can compete w/ it in terms of price and reliability.

So HOnda's  going to baby this cash cow for sure, and it's not going to cost them a penny to improve the line. 

All Honda has to do to create the 300L (&300M) is just configure it on paper. They have all the parts in place. 

• Like 1

I don't really see the point in Honda making a 300L, I mean I just don't think there's a big enough gap there. Now if it was a 400L or a 450L I would go trade mine in today! ... I will be quite disappointed if Hondas next big dual sport is a 300

• Like 4

I don't really see the point in Honda making a 300L, I mean I just don't think there's a big enough gap there. Now if it was a 400L or a 450L I would go trade mine in today! ... I will be quite disappointed if Hondas next big dual sport is a 300

It would have to be a 35hp 250lb new bike for me to buy it  .... 

• Like 3

I bet if it's a simple crank and piston swap you know someone who'll do next winters RCF350L build for you.  I know your thinking about it.    :devil:

I do not know what next winters mods will bring ....  :thinking:

I wounder if I have enough power to run a sno bike kit .... 

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 2

Yeah I think they will keep making both but I don't think they will sell both in places like Australia and the US.

News of this bike doesn't really excite me that much unless they can drop a ton of weight and put some decent suspension on it.

Edited by Positron007
  • Like 6

Ok Honda just in case you guys are listening this is what I want to see in the next bike.

The choice of an aluminium/plastic or steel subframe, like they offer on the DRZ400. Or just make it out of tough Nylon.

A 10.5L Plastic fuel tank. No need for steel. KTM sell their bikes without steel tanks.

An aluminium kick stand.

Change the steel bracket on the front light assembly to aluminium.

A lightweight tail light assembly. My modded tail light weighs less than a pound

Put 48mm full adjustable forks on the front, with adjustable bar mounts.

Fully adjustable shock with 50mm piston.

Aluminium bars

Keep the seat height below 910mm for us short arses.

A nice lightweight exhaust would be nice although not essential since most guys change them anyway.

That should get the bike down to below 130kg (fully fueled) and most of the weight reduction is from up high on the bike so it will feel a lot lighter.

Edited by Positron007
  • Like 2

Posi I think in some countries the laws require a steel tank for it to be road legal.  I think the US is that way.  Otherwise I really dont know why they would use a steel tank.

.....Bikes require steel tank to be sold as road legal....  Cars/trucks require plastic tanks to be road legal.....  Yea that makes a lot of sense, thats the US government for ya.

There must be a way around this thou because like you say KTMs dont come with steel tanks, and I dont think they do in the US either.

Im not sure why Honda would make steel tanks if they didnt have to, but the XR650L also comes with a steel tank, and many other dual sports in the US, like the DRZ400S.

I wouldnt get that excited about a new CRF300L either unless it has some big changes from the 250L.  And if they did use the CBR300 motor and its only 283cc's, then that wouldnt be much of an upgrade.  Youd be much better with the 305 kit than with a factory 283.  I wouldnt get excited about any new "small" honda dual sport if it weighs any more than the 250L!!  A 400-450L would be ideal thou, as long as it generally is better than the 250L, as in better suspension, lighter weight, etc etc.  Basically a proper dual sport, not the poor mans commuter dual sport.  It is great they gave us this sweet little 250L for such a great price, but some people would be willing to pay a bit more for something with better specs/performance.

• Like 1

Posi I think in some countries the laws require a steel tank for it to be road legal. I think the US is that way. Otherwise I really dont know why they would use a steel tank.

.....Bikes require steel tank to be sold as road legal.... Cars/trucks require plastic tanks to be road legal..... Yea that makes a lot of sense, thats the US government for ya.

There must be a way around this thou because like you say KTMs dont come with steel tanks, and I dont think they do in the US either.

Im not sure why Honda would make steel tanks if they didnt have to, but the XR650L also comes with a steel tank, and many other dual sports in the US, like the DRZ400S.

I wouldnt get that excited about a new CRF300L either unless it has some big changes from the 250L. And if they did use the CBR300 motor and its only 283cc's, then that wouldnt be much of an upgrade. Youd be much better with the 305 kit than with a factory 283. I wouldnt get excited about any new "small" honda dual sport if it weighs any more than the 250L!! A 400-450L would be ideal thou, as long as it generally is better than the 250L, as in better suspension, lighter weight, etc etc. Basically a proper dual sport, not the poor mans commuter dual sport. It is great they gave us this sweet little 250L for such a great price, but some people would be willing to pay a bit more for something with better specs/performance.

Like I said KTM sell their bikes with plastic fuel tanks and doesn't seem to be an issue registering a ktm 350exc in the US.

I don't think Asia would have such laws since they don't exactly care too much for what is perceived as safe.

I don't care too much about the engine performance cause if it's heavy and has crap suspension I may as well sell the Honda and get a 350 exc f or 300 exc.

The Japanese are cashing in on the increased motorcycle sales throughout Asia by making cheap bikes and have forgotten the western market

Edited by Positron007

I really do not mind the weight of the 250L for my type of riding. I steer clear of the extreme technical stuff and it handles the single track very well but, It took me $4,000.00 to get it where it is today. Once you get this thing suspended properly it does not feel near as heavy until you have to pick it up ...  ?

Swapping out the exhaust and tail light and getting a light weight battery drops this bike down to a little under 300lbs I think, So that is not too bad ...  :excuseme:

Every little thing we want from Honda would raise the price of the bike and I kind of like the blank canvas type of machine the CRF250L is ... But, that's just me.

1 plain Jane Honda + Race Tech suspension + FMF performance exhaust + 305 Big Bore + new bars and grips and sprockets and tires = 1 little bad @$$ fun machine ....  :banana:

Considering a CRF250X is $7,500 I think the price is about right ....  :excuseme:  And the fact that it is a True Dual Sport and not just a street legal dirt bike is a very big PLUS in my book ....  :prof:

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 6

I really do not mind the weight of the 250L for my type of riding. I steer clear of the extreme technical stuff and it handles the single track very well but, It took me $4,000.00 to get it where it is today. Once you get this thing suspended properly it does not feel near as heavy until you have to pick it up ...  ?

It should be set up like that from the factory.

The bike is completely fine for most things, it's just that it could be so much more.

It annoys the hell out of me that no manufacturer understands how to make a trail bike for the average weekend warrior

• Like 4