Sign in to follow this  

Bike will not go into gear stalls

I have a 06 yz 250f. It stalls everytime i put it into gear. The clutch free play is in spec. I asked a tech at yamaha and i was told i have a bent clutch fork and i would need to split the case. Would there be an easier way to check if it was bent without taking the whole bike apart?

A bent clutch fork could be a problem, but i would maybe take some of the plates out and take a look at them. See if there is any wear on the fiber plates.  My friends bike did the same thing yours did, but once he replaced the fibers the bike was fine.  Maybe examine your push rod for any wear as well.

This may not be your problem, but hey its cheaper and less time consuming compared to splitting cases. 

Thanks dude!!

Alex

A bent clutch fork could be a problem, but i would maybe take some of the plates out and take a look at them. See if there is any wear on the fiber plates. My friends bike did the same thing yours did, but once he replaced the fibers the bike was fine. Maybe examine your push rod for any wear as well.

This may not be your problem, but hey its cheaper and less time consuming compared to splitting cases.

Thanks dude!!

Alex

yeah definitly will think about doing that. Ive actually slamed that thing into gear as hard as i could still nothing. Ill keep this thread updated tomorrow when take the side case off.