sirthumpalot

The TPS adjustment thread

I'm just about to go in the garage and give this a shot. I assume you guys removed the tank? It does look hard to get to..

Yeah, the tank's off. I'm 99% sure it's Model 3 but I'm not sure it's possible to get the connector apart without taking the cover off but the top screw isn't accessible. Good luck, I'll look at it again in the morning.

Yep. Tank and seat off. Motor mount off. Throttle body loose at the boots. Bottom screw of the cover comes off easily, but the throttle body won't pivot enough up or down to get access to the top cover screw. I don't see any other way than pulling it. And to do that looks like the sub-frame needs to be pulled and swung up out or the way........

Well I got the plug out. Here is the photo...

IMG_1484019182.285420.jpg

I just took out the bottom screw and pushed the cover forward and was able to get to the release part of the plug. Only issue is if the cover needs to come completely off to make the changes I'm not sure what to do. Let me know what you guys are thinking here..

• Like 3

Well, at least that's confirmation that it's TPS Tool #3.

The only way to adjust it, though, is going to be to pull the cover completely off. KTM-Husky YouTube video for the 2017 FC/FX's made it sound easy. I'm guessing the wire harness isn't so bulky on those bikes. I wish the Factory Service Manual was available to see what procedure they recommend for pulling the throttle body. I'll be leaving that cover off until I get it tuned perfectly, or as well as I can for the slip-on and FC intake boot.

• Like 1

Can't you just look up the part on a microfiche online or from a local dealer?

Look up what part?  Microfiche is only going to show an exploded view of parts for purchasing purposes, not the process for removal.  (If that's what you're talking about.....)

Had to pull and pivot sub-frame, then pull throttle body to get to the TPS. TPS is very different than previous model. It has 2 screws with slots which allow you to slide it forward/backward rather than pivoting. That's gonna be a bitch. Mines at  .61 stock. I'm gonna wait to adjust until I get the new intake boot.

IMG_3107.JPG

IMG_3109.JPG

Edited by RallyMoto

Look up what part? Microfiche is only going to show an exploded view of parts for purchasing purposes, not the process for removal. (If that's what you're talking about.....)

I thought u were trying to find out what the TPS plug looks like?????

I thought u were trying to find out what the TPS plug looks like?????

Ah, no worries.  Good idea for that.  Enough people had it pulled and confirmed that it was #3, though.

No way to pivot it and still get the screws back in.....

The slots the screws are in are parallel and don't curve.

Edited by RallyMoto

Had to pull and pivot sub-frame, then pull throttle body to get to the TPS. TPS is very different than previous model. It has 2 screws with slots which allow you to slide it forward/backward rather than pivoting. That's gonna be a bitch. Mines at  .61 stock. I'm gonna wait to adjust until I get the new intake boot.

Curious what intake boot you are gonna run? Sorry to get off topic.

From the picture it looks like the slots are considerably wider than the diameter of the screw. I'm betting there's still close to 10* of adjustment there.

No way to pivot it and still get the screws back in.....

The slots the screws are in are parallel and don't curve.

Hmm interesting.. I am very interested to hear how it works out when you make the adjustment. I'm expecting it to rotate with both screws lose, but I've been wrong before lol..

Hmm interesting.. I am very interested to hear how it works out when you make the adjustment. I'm expecting it to rotate with both screws lose, but I've been wrong before lol..

Ha! Yeah, I'll post up as soon as I get it all back together and tested.

Not sure if you have seen this video for the TPS Adjust on a 2017 EXC, but it may help someone. 

Note: I'm not endorsing either TPS tool, just want to show one way of getting to the TPS and make note that now the Idle adjust and TPS are linked.

https://youtu.be/8EijN6sRIII

Edited by ASternad