sirthumpalot

The TPS adjustment thread

18 hours ago, Jody Maynard said:

Let me see if I can fix it first..  I don't want to put you out for something I may be able to correct myself.   I just didn't want to break it further taking it apart the wrong way :)

Only try if you need it right away, I'm sending the new one this morning.  Even if it was user error yanking the wire out, I still want to replace it for you.  For me it's good business, I think people will feel good buying products from me knowing how I support my customers and that I would do the same for them. :) 

• Like 2

My TM 300 4t's tps doesn't seem adjustable, you can undo the two screws and tweak the sensor side to side very slightly, but I doubt it would make any difference to it. I will have to accept the bike as is I guess, thanks to everyone for thier input 👍 

Edited by Black-swan

If you can move it as much as a couple of mm then that would be enough to make a noticeable difference.  Can you get a good enough view to see if it has round mounting holes or slots?  

On 11/26/2018 at 6:03 PM, sirthumpalot said:

If you can move it as much as a couple of mm then that would be enough to make a noticeable difference.  Can you get a good enough view to see if it has round mounting holes or slots?  

Hi, it does have round mounting holes, unfortunately I can only undo the bolts if I pull the throttle body out of the manifold connected to the head. If I were to buy a plug from you to test it, which one do I need? IMG_20181116_083059.jpg.4c9599ee43a558dddb996bb19f5f4b6d.jpg.b4bbf181ad9b2b5d3a8e20a5bc1d861e.jpg

I have not seen that plug used on a TPS before, are you sure it's the TPS plug?  If yes, then unfortunately I don't have a plug to fit that style.  With one of the powered meters you could put the wires directly in the plug, but if the mounting holes are round and not slots then there's honestly not much sense in trying as it will likely settle in the same spot when you tighten the bolts.  Thanks for posting the pictures and giving it a shot, unfortunately it is looking like the TM 300 doesn't have an adjustable TPS.  

2 hours ago, sirthumpalot said:

I have not seen that plug used on a TPS before, are you sure it's the TPS plug?  If yes, then unfortunately I don't have a plug to fit that style.  With one of the powered meters you could put the wires directly in the plug, but if the mounting holes are round and not slots then there's honestly not much sense in trying as it will likely settle in the same spot when you tighten the bolts.  Thanks for posting the pictures and giving it a shot, unfortunately it is looking like the TM 300 doesn't have an adjustable TPS.  

Hi, yes I'm sure it is the correct plug. It has just got round holes, thanks for your help and for trying to find a solution 👍

I recently bought the pro self-power from your website TPSTool.com to adjust the fuel in my 2018 KTM EXC-F 500 and it reads 3.2905, I understand it should read 0.58, would you know why am I getting this reading? And up to what I should be adjust to? I took of the reeds in the intake and baffle in the Exhaust, replacing with a new Exhaust Tip with only the spark arrestor.

Thanks

IMG_5650.JPG

Thanks for buying a tool and for posting!  You've got the red and green wires reversed, swap them and you should be good.  Write down the original reading (in case you want to go back) then increase by about 0.02V and give it a test ride.  Repeat this as long as you see improvement.  Let us know your result!  :)