sirthumpalot

The TPS adjustment thread

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, sirthumpalot said:

It would be unusual for your tps adjustment to cause the idle to rise that much.  Double check that you didn't accidentally activate the cold start knob as that will make the idle rise up a lot.   Let us know what you find.   

The only thing I can think of is that when i rotated the TPS unit to remove the cover, I created a vacuum leak.  The install of the clutch was methodical and error-free.  Idling to reach warm up was fine and normal.  It was only when I was bliping the throttle to break in the clutch it started rising.  Now that Im thinking about it, I wonder if I bound up the throttle cables a tiny bit when putting the tank back on after installing the TPS.  

Edit- 

Definitively throttle cable binding

Edited by N.dica

Posted (edited)

If it's easier than removing the tank for you, put the TPSTool back on and take a TPS reading at idle.  If it's where you set it, then the cables are not binding.  If it's higher than where you set it, then something is holding the throttle open, whether it be a bound cable, the cold start or idle setting.  If you want to eliminate the TPS adjustment from the equation, temporarily set the TPS back to the stock setting and see if that resolves the issue.  Here is some info on the cold start knob, it should be popped-out during normal operation.  Pushing it in will raise the idle: 

https://dirtbiketest.com/fresh-dirt/ktm-throttle-body-tuning/#66FUJGChVjk6qIeB.97

Edited by sirthumpalot

Been noticing some slight lean bog when I wack the throttle hard from idle and light backfiring while in the air as I back off the throttle with the engine unloaded.

So I bumped mine up pretty significantly by .12v to .68v from .56v.  The bike seems  to idle with MUCH more authority and feels more like a 450 in the lower mid range.....wack the throttle and it barks like an angry beast ha ha.

C2ED71C1-4219-4524-A40F-04733227D278.thumb.jpeg.7a74421fac3d4bbb09d2a077ba98e60a.jpeg

• Like 1