sirthumpalot

The TPS adjustment thread

Thank you for your business!  It sounds like you've got it handled.  If you still have the blue connectors on your pigtail, maybe double check the 5V and feedback with a good multimeter if you have one, but it is possible that the new models would have different factory settings.  It will be interesting to see what people are getting as the new bikes start selling and numbers start coming in.  :ride:  

Edited by sirthumpalot

3 hours ago, sirthumpalot said:

Thank you for your business!  It sounds like you've got it handled.  If you still have the blue connectors on your pigtail, maybe double check the 5V and feedback with a good multimeter if you have one, but it is possible that the new models would have different factory settings.  It will be interesting to see what people are getting as the new bikes start selling and numbers start coming in.  :ride:  

I am using a Fluke multimeter and I was able to adjust my reference voltage to a perfect 5.00 volts.   I was somewhat stumped why the green wire was showing .030 and wondered if I had done something wrong.   I used the same tool & meter to measure my older TB and it showed .593 which is what I expected to see.  

Most typically the green (on my pigtail) is the 5V supply, red is the feedback and black is the ground.  If you are supplying 5V to the green wire, but the green wire measures only 0.03 when connected, then something is really pulling it down, which would make me think that maybe the wires in the TPS plug are in a different order than on the older models.  Do you have the green wired to your 5V supply?  

29 minutes ago, sirthumpalot said:

Most typically the green (on my pigtail) is the 5V supply, red is the feedback and black is the ground.  If you are supplying 5V to the green wire, but the green wire measures only 0.03 when connected, then something is really pulling it down, which would make me think that maybe the wires in the TPS plug are in a different order than on the older models.  Do you have the green wired to your 5V supply?  

Oops, I thought Red would have been supply.   So, I changed it up and put the green to supply and black remained unchanged and I measured the red.   Got the same result.   .031 with butterfly closed and .232 with it completely open.   I noted the supply voltage was lower at .479 while doing the test.  Normally I am pretty good with using my Fluke but its not a tool I use on a daily basis.    TB going back on the bike in a couple hours so I can start it and flush the coolant system with my Evans flush batch.  Then set freeplay on the new CX from Rekluse and then back up on blocks as I wait for suspension from KreftMoto and an ECU from GET.

6 hours ago, sirthumpalot said:

Something is odd, those numbers are too low and the supply should not dip below 5V at all.  Maybe your battery is really low?  

And yet it works perfectly for my older style TB.   I put my Six Days back together and it runs but I can't ride it really with all the stuff yanked off and no new ECU yet.   Also, the shock that is on the bike came off a 13 bike and its too fat for the tank to properly fit the shrouds around it.    Maybe tomorrow I can try your pigtails on the bike and see what I get.  KreftMoto will have my suspension back by the end of next week I hope.

Cool, let us know what you get if you try the pigtail.  If you put the black probe on a metal part of the engine, then put the red probe in each of the pigtail wires and tell me what you get, then I can tell you what each of the wires are on the new bike.