sirthumpalot

The TPS adjustment thread

7 minutes ago, sirthumpalot said:

There could be a number of reasons.  Maybe the GET changes the fueling or timing (or cuts fuel or spark) during decel, we would need more info to say for sure.  

True, but if it works , it works . But this a Modified Get, not the standard Get map, which pops like crazy

What’s the stock tps setting for a 2020 FE350s/KTM 350 ? I’m installing a vortex and want a correct tps setting. 

I don't have the service manual for the 2020 bike so this is just a somewhat educated guess, but if it's the same style throttle body as used on the earlier years then most likely the factory setting will be 0.40V with the idle backed all the way out.  So the easy way to check would be take a reading as-is and remember it, then back the idle all the way out and take a reading.  Whether you make an adjustment or not, when you turn the idle back up just turn it up by the same amount that you turned it down and the idle will be right back to the factory idle setting when you're done.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sirthumpalot said:

I don't have the service manual for the 2020 bike so this is just a somewhat educated guess, but if it's the same style throttle body as used on the earlier years then most likely the factory setting will be 0.40V with the idle backed all the way out.  So the easy way to check would be take a reading as-is and remember it, then back the idle all the way out and take a reading.  Whether you make an adjustment or not, when you turn the idle back up just turn it up by the same amount that you turned it down and the idle will be right back to the factory idle setting when you're done.  

I have a 2017 350 EXC-F. Bought in Feb. 2019 as a new left over bike. I'm 63 years old and a Try to fix it Toyota Tech. The fuel injection system on The Little 350 is similar to the old school system on GM back in the 80's. The TPS was adjustable back then and stock setting at base idle was 0.50 volts. 

Make the lambda the mixture leaner if I put it back in after I increased the TPS voltage? For example to pass the emission test? 

That is a great question (will putting the lambda sensor back in cause the mix to go back lean after adjusting the TPS with the lambda sensor removed).  I don't know the answer, I think we need someone who has a bike with the lambda sensor give it a try and let us know what happens.  

And that also gives me another idea, I wonder if modifying the lambda sensor feedback could be used to control the mixture.  I need to work on that.. 

Jd jetting says the lamda sensor only takes effect or goes into closed loop at constant sustained throttle settings, otherwise it drops out of close loop, when the throttle is moving.

sustained idle, cruising down the road, other wise its not working.

Since people say the lamba bike works better than previous 17-19 era, only working 50% of the time, it might be the higher compression that made the real noticeable difference, and countered the reeded intake, to run better.

There's also no technology in the fuel tuner, that keeps the o2 from leaning the bike out under sustained throttle conditions. Probably more an issue on the road than off. Although he said benefits fuel mileage.

Edited by Spud786

31 minutes ago, BlaZteR 6 said:

So there should be no problem to pass the emission test with lambda because the bike is at idle speed, right? 

right now they don't test the o2 on a motorcycle in any state

He might be in a country where they have emissions tests.  Honestly I'm not sure what is required to pass the emissions tests and which changes might affect the results.  But if you're worried about a TPS change causing a problem, then just put it back to factory for the test then put it back to normal after.  

In Germany they are testing the % of CO.

A week ago I checked my factory setting it was 0.402 V the red adjuster turned out and stock with red adjuster 0.53 V. I increased it with 0.03 V. The only issue of high idle sometimes was gone and it runs slightly better. It ran great even with stock setting.

Today I rechecked it and got different results with the multimeter than before. So how to check the reset setting when the results are changing without the 5V supply.

I will leave it at +0.03 V cause its good enough for me.

My bike: FE350 2017 EU Version. No kat, no lambda, full air intake, EU mapping.

Edited by BlaZteR 6

If you're using the pigtail version, you can check the 5V supply by the ECU by measuring the black and green wires.  Is this what you're using? 

The battery is 2 weeks old and got charged 2 weeks ago. 

EDIT: I checked it again. It has 5 V and the results from last week so all correct. Dont know what happend yesterday.

Edited by BlaZteR 6
  • Like 1

If there was a very big temperature swing from one day to the next then that might account for it.  Or if the throttle body itself isn't perfect it's possible the throttle didn't close 100%.  You can let it snap closed once or twice and that should do it.  

Edited by sirthumpalot

Just a point of information, neither of the aftermarket ECU’s - the GET or the vortex use the data stream from the O2 sensor so it can be removed and plugged. We have nice titanium caps for the sensor if you want to remove it.

And as you’re doing - the TPS needs to be set to factory spec for the vortex. The GET will learn and zero compensate the TPS through the app.

On 1/23/2020 at 11:42 PM, Mike.spurgin said:

Just a point of information, neither of the aftermarket ECU’s - the GET or the vortex use the data stream from the O2 sensor so it can be removed and plugged. We have nice titanium caps for the sensor if you want to remove it.

And as you’re doing - the TPS needs to be set to factory spec for the vortex. The GET will learn and zero compensate the TPS through the app.

How do I get this titanium plug?