The TPS adjustment thread

Thought I'd chime know with my first lot of results.

Exc-f 350 2014. In the UK with an akra slip on.

0.509v.  Cold starting is fine, warm takes a few cranks and alittle twist of the throttle. Haven't heard any popping on deceleration. 

Dropping to 0.465v changed nothing at all. 

Upping to 0.600 made it abit boggy to rev (out of gear). 

I made the changes in smaller numbers 0.2v mainly but the above numbers were most notable. I've not had a chance to ride much at all, so when I do I will report back with anything other findings for my bike/model/location

Just to make sure you've got the throttle body that I think you have (same as the US models); are you using the Model-1 plug and adjusting the idle does not affect the TPS reading, right?  If yes, then I'm a bit surprised that 0.509V was the stock setting.  Also generally speaking, trying to tune in neutral doesn't really give accurate results, you need to ride it to see what it will really do.  :ride: 

On 6/25/2020 at 6:28 AM, sirthumpalot said:

Just to add to the above; I have had a couple of guys over the years mention they were running much higher than average TPS settings, as you mentioned yours was happy at, but it has only been a couple of guys so it's definitely the exception and not the norm, but not unheard of. 

I think you'll find in virtually every case the injector needs cleaning. With the multi hole injectors it's pretty common.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

DSC_1668.thumb.JPG.7e5058ea91c76dfc06a62c025dcb6840.JPG

37 minutes ago, sirthumpalot said:

Just to make sure you've got the throttle body that I think you have (same as the US models); are you using the Model-1 plug and adjusting the idle does not affect the TPS reading, right?  If yes, then I'm a bit surprised that 0.509V was the stock setting.  Also generally speaking, trying to tune in neutral doesn't really give accurate results, you need to ride it to see what it will really do.  :ride: 

Adjusting Idle makes no difference to the TPS value. 

May not be how it came from the factory, as the bike is new to me but not new. 

Wasn't trying to tune from the neutral rev, just see if it made much difference unloaded. At the moment the bike is not road legal so just getting a feel for whats what until it is.

Edited by Slix33

8 minutes ago, Slix33 said:

DSC_1668.thumb.JPG.7e5058ea91c76dfc06a62c025dcb6840.JPG

Adjusting Idle makes no difference to the TPS value. 

May not be how it came from the factory, as the bike is new to me but not new. 

Wasn't trying to tune from the neutral rev, just see if it made much difference unloaded. At the moment the bike is not road legal so just getting a feel for whats what until it is.

It depends on which throttle body you have , as to whether idle effects tps setting.

This is  old knowledge but, since 2017 new throttle bodies, tps settings are changed , by simply moving the idle screw,  thats why its important to check tps setting from a Base line postion with idle screw backed out.