Sign in to follow this  

Amsoil

I run baby oil in mine! Fresh squeezed from babies I kidnap from the local daycare it gets me around 3k miles! Seriously though are you trying to start a useless thread? Just like the brand of oil people use the changing intervals are completely up too the owner your gonna get people saying the standard 1k to the kid that doesn't give a crap and changes it every 5k and every answer in between! My advice is to run it and change it when you feel is appropriate

I wanted to try amsoil,  only place to get it locally is the HD dealer,  the 20w-50 is $17 bucks a quart,  F that!

IMO they are such a dumbass company,  buying their product is a big hassle,  you have to find a dealer,  buy it through it,  etc,  just a headache,  they would sell a lot more IMO if they just had their products available at auto parts store and such.

Mobil 1 from Walmart $9.99 a quart,  motorcycle specific,  1000k oil changes.

Fresh squeezed baby oil from the local daycare made me shifting super notchy...

Edited by 150ron
  • Like 3

I run baby oil in mine! Fresh squeezed from babies I kidnap from the local daycare it gets me around 3k miles! Seriously though are you trying to start a useless thread? Just like the brand of oil people use the changing intervals are completely up too the owner your gonna get people saying the standard 1k to the kid that doesn't give a crap and changes it every 5k and every answer in between! My advice is to run it and change it when you feel is appropriate

No ,I am not trying to start a usless thread .I would like to know if was any better than  other synthetics and if anyone was using it.

I am running it 20W 50 I think it what I have in it now.  I run it in everything I own, Truck (F250), Harley, Wife's Honda Shadow, generator, etc...

Never had any issues.

Amzoil is good oil. So is Motul and Mobil One. Pick your price point and who has the coolest stickers. I've tried them all. Went back to Castrol GTX. Works fine. Cheap price.

Go Green. Ride Air Cooled!!!

I wanted to try amsoil,  only place to get it locally is the HD dealer,  the 20w-50 is $17 bucks a quart,  F that!

IMO they are such a dumbass company,  buying their product is a big hassle,  you have to find a dealer,  buy it through it,  etc,  just a headache,  they would sell a lot more IMO if they just had their products available at auto parts store and such.

I have three places that sell it within a couple miles of my place and the price is the same here ,about $16 quart.I used it last time and will pick it again for the next change.Thanks.

• Like 1

No ,I am not trying to start a usless thread .I would like to know if was any better than other synthetics and if anyone was using it.

I run Lucas full synthetic have always ran it in all of my bikes and runs great and can lasts for well over my 1500 mile regular oil change interval! But oil threads are a hassle because everyone has their own unique opinion!

I have three places that sell it within a couple miles of my place and the price is the same here ,about $16 quart.I used it last time and will pick it again for the next change.Thanks.

I sell it to my buddies.  If you wanted it all you need to do it let me know.  I would give you my price (+$1) plus shipping.  I normally have it dropped shipped.  But yes they are stupid....

I sell it to my buddies.  If you wanted it all you need to do it let me know.  I would give you my price (+$1) plus shipping.  I normally have it dropped shipped.  But yes they are stupid....

Whats your price for 10w-40 or 20w-50?

I run Amsoil 20W-50 in mine and do 1000 mile oil/filter change.

Any reasonyou prefer the 20-50W over the 10-40?

Whats your price for 10w-40 or 20w-50?

Retail is $11.55 and $11.90 for 40 and 50.

My price would be:

$10.20 for 20 50  http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/motor-oil/motorcycle/20w-50-advanced-synthetic-motorcycle-oil/?code=MCVQT-EA

$9.90 for 10 40   http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/motor-oil/motorcycle/10w-40-advanced-synthetic-motorcycle-oil/?code=MCFQT-EA

Not sure on shipping and all that.  

• Like 1

Retail is $11.55 and $11.90 for 40 and 50.

My price would be:

$10.20 for 20 50  http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/motor-oil/motorcycle/20w-50-advanced-synthetic-motorcycle-oil/?code=MCVQT-EA

$9.90 for 10 40   http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/motor-oil/motorcycle/10w-40-advanced-synthetic-motorcycle-oil/?code=MCFQT-EA

Not sure on shipping and all that.  

Great prices,but by the time our postal system got a hold of it you would think it was liquid gold. :facepalm:

Yeah ..Nah .. Amsoil is a PIA to get Here ( Down Under )

I have used it in the past , nice slippery changes , it's good stuff .

• Like 1

Saw this and thought oh boy another oil thread :facepalm:  read this reply and nearly pissed myself :lol:

• Like 1