Moab April 25-28

Driving from CO to moab on the 25th. Wont be staying in town, but close so I can eat. Not looking to take tons of camping stuff.

Looking for a partner to do 5 miles of hell with. Ive done it before, but I dont like doing it alone. If a bike breaks you have a hell of a time getting it out alone (clutch cable snapped last time). Let me know if you may be interested for the 26th or 27th. Will be riding whitewash one day and somewhere else my final day if you are interested in joining me for those as well.

Everyone I know that has ridden that trail says they will never do it again............kinda makes me wonder. I've actually been in there on bicycles, tough ride. We're gonna be out there the weekend before.

Edited by 2012 450 xc-w

I have ridden 5MOH, and maybe it's just one of those things that everybody has to do once in order to say that they did it. I survived, didn't break anything, and was happy with my performance. I actually expected it to be harder.

My conclusion was that it just wasn't much fun or enjoyment, unless you really get off on that sort of thing. It didn't pass the most basic fun test, and that's why I ride.

With leisure time and $$ at a premium, I prefer trails with some challenge, but not continually beating yourself to prove something. Not everything has to have live, die, or pain consequences.

So, Moab and Whitewash are a big thumbs up, but I will leave 5MOH to the sadistic crowd. ?

Edited by Leardriver

I have ridden 5MOH, and maybe it's just one of those things that everybody has to do once in order to say that they did it. I survived, didn't break anything, and was happy with my performance. I actually expected it to be harder.

My conclusion was that it just wasn't much fun or enjoyment, unless you really get off on that sort of thing. It didn't pass the most basic fun test, and that's why I ride.

With leisure time and $$ at a premium, I prefer trails with some challenge, but not continually beating yourself to prove something. Not everything has to have live, die, or pain consequences.

So, Moab and Whitewash are a big thumbs up, but I will leave 5MOH to the sadistic crowd. ?

THIS.

I enjoy a good death march now and again, but it does zap the "fun" out of what I chose to do for fun. Besides, doing 5MOH with a broken clutch cable was just dumb.

THIS.

I enjoy a good death march now and again, but it does zap the "fun" out of what I chose to do for fun. Besides, doing 5MOH with a broken clutch cable was just dumb.

Ya because I decided to do it with no clutch cable haha it snapped at the perch after the second escape. I had to do a lot of pushing

I'm planning to be there the same time and plan to ride both those places. If it works I will write you here and see if you want to join us. Better to ride both those places with company as they are pretty desolate.

awesome! yeah things can go bad real quick! 7196403798. Give me a call. My schedule is open any of those days for either location.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with most here.  Been to Moab 8 times and every time I consider doing 5MOH, I decide against it because it doesn't seem that fun.  Don't get me wrong, I like gnarly, challenging terrain and love making it up something that I wasn't sure of before...but I also like to sprinkle that with single track, slick rock, sand washes, open desert, etc...not just 7 miles of beating the crap out of myself and my bike.

No knock on those that DO love that type of trail.  Hats off too you!  Just not the best use of my time, my money, and my bike's plastics. ?

That being said, I have a 12 yr old that, I fear, will want to be doing that kind of ride in a few years, so who knows.