Cross training, enduro & dirt bike techniques - vids & tutorials

I was trying to practice my pivot turn's yesterday and almost ended up with a handle bar up my ass.

Think I need to watch your vid's agsin or get myself a trial's bike to start cus it's a bitch on my crf250r.

I'm been getting my bud's to watch these so keep up the good work m8!!!!!

yeah, i remember trying on the FE570 and almost disemboweling myself. it was so much easier on the trials bike then just transferring the skills across. the only problem is trials gets so addictive you start to neglect your dirt bike!

here's the next vid on body positioning. we got kind of silly toward the end but hopefully the first four minutes is useful.

• Like 1

OZ DRZ, will the new vids be added to your site?

yep, i'm putting them on the cross training page here.

the text files are already there and I'm slowly adding the vids over the next year or so.

• Like 1

must be bored this week, here's another one hot off the hard drive...

That looks like a really handy technique to master!

What is the set-up of your suspension like as far as rebound goes? Have you got the rebound near the fast end of the spectrum for this manoeuvre or can you still manage it with relatively slow rebound?

I know it's an extremely general question, I'm just wondering whether I need to start playing with the clickers before I try this manoeuvre or if I should stick with my current settings that I am comfortable with.

Thanks

I know it's an extremely general question, I'm just wondering whether I need to start playing with the clickers before I try this manoeuvre or if I should stick with my current settings that I am comfortable with.

Thanks

good question, i'm still a noob on much of this (as you can see by the poor performance on the FE570) and didn't mess around with the damping at all, neither did the junior endurocross champion filmed but he has his bike all set up for endurocross which might help? i'll ask him next time i see him.

it stands to reason that backing off all rebound and compression damping would help with techniques that are specifically trials based, such as the bunny hop, front wheel hops and rear wheel hops. it might help when first learning but of course if you couldn't do them with your normal setup then they won't have much practical advantage. 

graham jarvis does some spectacular rear wheel hopping in his spanish training video and i reckon he backed all his settings off to do that trick!

i did talk with a suspension guru when writing the suspension setup article for the website but he got a bit coy when i asked him if there specific setups for endurocross and cross training, so i figured it was treading on his professional toes asking....

latest vid. a boring routine but practicing figure eights on full lock can make a big difference fast in how you handle the gnarly stuff.

Edited by OZ DRZ
  • Like 1

u-turns in tight spots... handy if the pivot turns look a bit freaky. :ride:

Thank you for this!! I finally figured this out this past weekend thanks to your video! I was just giddy. Keep the tips coming!

"....the poster child for "Bike-Fu for Women", self defense techniques on the trail." ~ Danjal

glad you guys are finding them useful. no one seems to be complaining about the australian accent, as we mainly talk through our nose and barely move our lips!

not a training vid, but a few of us popped out today to look for some tough terrain (by our limited standards) to practice riding slow and try not to dab. awesome fun, but i think we spent more time taking soil samples than riding. 

had a go on the freeride 250, what an awesome bike! i'd buy one if it just had more grunt. pity they didn't put the 300exc engine then just detune it to suit.

• Like 1

Those were some pretty washed out gorges. Looks like a blast to ride in.

it was awesome! the berg was for sale so didn't want to do anything stupid but it's sold now so keen to get back there and try some of the gnarlier stuff.

latest vid, i'm not much of a jumper and found these tips from our national junior endurocross champion, ruben chadwick, to be of a most excellent nature. :-)

• Like 1