Cross training, enduro & dirt bike techniques - vids & tutorials

Barry is now officially Bruce and all my Aussie girl friends from my Whistler days were named Sheila. Funny enough they all didn't mind.

I tried to restraint myself with my comments on this but IMO after finally put a fly wheel weight on my 250R (for $200 and best $$ I've spent) It still took me a few years to actually feel really comfortable using my clutch. Personally I think this is a basic skill needed to be learned. Now I I have ridden bikes with Rekluses and yes they are nice and easy but from riding with dudes who have them having a LHRB is key.

If you want to spend the $$$, use what ever you need to ride to the best of your potential 

a pile of fun with flat track racing while in canada, fascinating to see the similarities and differences with enduro cornering technique. this was with a mob called GO FLAT TRACK not far from toronto who invited all the traction erag staff out to try going sideways. ?

i've never been much good at sliding a bike sideways when turning to the left so was really good to practice this.

• Like 3

Great Vid OZ, now you just have to come up here in January for some Ice racing.

you never know! already chatting with traction erag about next year, would be interesting to come over in winter for a taste of things like that. ?

• Like 1

you never know! already chatting with traction erag about next year, would be interesting to come over in winter for a taste of things like that. ?

I'd be interested in your thoughts on what you learned about your visit, and what you might do different, bigger, better? Much like your videos, I'm sure that it might take a few events to find your style. But, it really does seem like it was a jolly smashing success....to steal a commonwealth line....

• Like 1

They have ice racing in Vancouver? ?

That is just outside Wetaskiwin AB in 1983 on what I believe was Bittern Lake. I raced my YZ465 and got talked into riding a side car bike as the dead weight on the inside left...scariest thing I ever did. Nothing like coming face to face with a studded ice tire. 

I was just kidding. ?

I have ridden a supermoto on the ice on Ghost Lake just outside of Calgary. Not really my thing to be honest. Once you got off the clear ice into some snow, the traction completely goes away which is a wee bit alarming.

The trend these days is towards shorter, stiffer spikes which give better traction and feedback. However a guy did die at the Numbumb last year when his femoral artery got opened up by tire spikes.

latest vid in the canadian series, had a lot of laughs putting this one together. ? thanks to reece tasker from 3D Racing (my host while in BC canada) for playing along. it seems australians will always be idiots even if they live in a different country lol. we'll wait to see if graham jarvis responds to this one....

I'd be interested in your thoughts on what you learned about your visit, and what you might do different, bigger, better? Much like your videos, I'm sure that it might take a few events to find your style. But, it really does seem like it was a jolly smashing success....to steal a commonwealth line....

indeed old chap, indeed...  it was splendid! already chatting with traction erag about next year and at the very least would just take a lot more time and not be as rushed.... and spend WAY more time in BC.

• Like 3

a common topic during the coaching sessions was the trouble you can run into just trying to learn by yourself - you think you've got it right but can just be reinforcing bad technique. we found the same thing when we went to chris birch's course last year, and we are still trying to fix parts of our riding more than a year later. 

paid coaching is a good way to find out what you are still doing wrong, but of course we aren't all loaded with cash, or maybe never have coaches visit our area. so this vid looks at some possible ways to get the most of the do-it-yourself approach to dirt bike technique. ?

Edited by OZ DRZ
  • Like 3