Funny story out of my FCR tuning saga!

Well, I have been putting in and taking out my 40mm FCR MX carb so much. It's getting easier to do. The last item I purchased is a R&D Power Bowl 2 with a adjustable leak jet. Well either from carb cleaner or who knows what. My float bowl gasket was either stretched or grew from the solvents. I had another one on a smaller FCR carb but it was smashed and wouldn't seal. So I called the local Honda dealer and they didn't have one in stock but could order one for $20. So I ordered one for $7 and rushed the shipping. So while I was mad at myself I thought what could I lose. I put the offending gasket in the microwave for a couple short runs. To my amazement it worked. It really shrunk my gasket!!!! LOL I put in on the Power Bowl 2 and fit great and sealed great!!!! It only took three 15 sec bursts in the Microwave and I am back running again and it's all tuned up ready for this season!!!!

No April fools joke either!! I just left in there until I heard it sizzle a little then cooled it off. I did that three times and it shrunk enough to stay put in the groove on the float bowl!!! I just wanted someone to know in case they are in the same boat as me. Waiting on a $5 gasket that will keep you from riding your bike.

No April fools joke either!! I just left in there until I heard it sizzle a little then cooled it off. I did that three times and it shrunk enough to stay put in the groove on the float bowl!!! I just wanted someone to know in case they are in the same boat as me. Waiting on a $5 gasket that will keep you from riding your bike.

Thanks! I'll remember this, & make sure wife is out of house! ?

really a 162 MJ and 4th clip?  Seems rich to me because at the 4th clip mine would run like crap.  Still pulled hard but it was much more sluggish.  How did you determine the jetting?  You must have something different that is increasing the air flow through the engine.  If it runs great thats all that counts.

The 162 was after a wot plug read ran itbin front of my house then shut it off. The needle was after several runs around my neighborhood. I started at 2 clips down. It would cut out or bog cruising around at part throttle. The pilot was just from idle screw. It seems to run great.