Balkan boy

Beta in racing

Here's an attempt to have a unified topic for any form of motor-sport that involves Beta, and anything related that you want to post or talk about. 

Season of 2014. is just starting for Enduro World Championship and some other Hard Enduros around the world. 

One of the sites I visit is: http://www.enduro21.com There's not much to read over there but the pictures and videos are usually fresh. 

Post your sources for information about Enduro if you have them.

EWC Cataunya, Spain:

From scrutineering. Danny McCanney and one of the Boano family (Ivan?)

danny.mccanney_ewc_spain_2014_1000.jpg

paddock_ewc_spain_GOPR0167-1000.jpg

Johnny Aubert is first in E2 after a short super-special.

3b60a9d0a2cdf8ec6bbcadc3a6ddff94_L.jpg

Edited by Balkan boy
  • Like 2

King of the Hill - Hard Enduro in Romania.

I'm not sure who this is:

IMG_2194-1080.jpg

Interesting prolog:

http://youtu.be/hSiDFA-Nw6E

I know a few people that did this race last year and it was so muddy that you couldn't even call it extreme enduro. Completely unridable with most of the bikes overheating. 

• Like 1

Nice pics and nice start!!  There was a Beta thread but it didn't seem to stick with racing.. The EWC is starting with an exciting season with great riders.. It should be fun to watch and it's starting April 5, 2014..

http://www.enduro-abc.com/index.php?model=news&action=view_object&object_id=542

Poster_definitiu.jpg

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

20/03/2014

Enduro Portoguese Championship in Peso da Régua

Luis Correia wins Elite2 class
LuisCorreia_P%C3%B3dio_R%C3%A9gua_medium

Beta Portugal marked once more the presence last Sunday in the Enduro National Championship in Peso da Régua.
A Sunny Day and a great scenery for riders brightened by an excellent performance of Beta drivers winning in 3 of the 4 classes where they were enrolled.
Rider Luis Correia wins Elite2 class climbing for 1st place In the Championship, and rider Fernando Ferreira came 5th in class.
In class Open2 Filipe Sampaio also ended it in 1st with about 35 seconds ahead of the second, ranked and solidifying the 1st place in its class.
In The Hobby class rider Paulo Marques finishes first.

To emphasize: the spirit of the riders and the enormous support from the public to the Beta brand.

http://betamotor.com/en/news/enduro-portoguese-championship-in-peso-da-r-gua-2

British Sprint Enduro 2014
McCANNEY'S ON THE PACE
McCANNEY_medium.jpg?1395997318

Daniel McCanney got his Enduro21.com ACU British Sprint Enduro Championship campaign off to a great start this weekend with an impressive display to secure 2nd overall behind World Championship Contender Pela Renet, at the opening 2 rounds at Canada Heights. Round 1 saw the Beta mounted manxman locked in battle with Frenchman Renet from start to finish with Danny even topping the test times on the penultimate test. Made to work for his win, Renet finished the day 13 seconds clear of McCanney after 8 tests.Building on his opening round result, Danny came out swinging again for Round 2, finishing the opening test just six tenths of a second off the pace of former World Champion, Renet. This battle continued throughout the day with little to separate the riders. The pair would finish the day with a clear margin between themselves and the remaining field.

Daniel McCanney, Beta “I came here this weekend expecting to do well but I was not sure how close I would be to Pela Renet so I put no pressure on myself. I was pleased to see how close I was after the first test and from there I knew I could push and try to keep with him for the remainder of the weekend. I’m happy to come away with second and knowing my pace was good. I feel good on the bike and I’m happy with my riding and to be back racing once again.”

RESULTS Round One
1. P.Renet
2. D.MCCANNEY
3. T.Sagar

RESULTS Round TWO
1. P.Renet
2. D.MCCANNEY
3. T.Sagar

Image and word Credit AMPED

Mr. Balkan boy - would you get upset if I ask why you say Yugoslavia? And.... more importantly - Romaniacs - it's only next door to you so.....

Mr. Balkan boy - would you get upset if I ask why you say Yugoslavia? And.... more importantly - Romaniacs - it's only next door to you so.....

Not at all, mate.

When you register on the TT you have to select some country, and I guess the country list is a bit out of date. Yugoslavia disintegrated into 10 new names over the past 20 years. I was born in the original Yugoslavia, for what is worth. I live in Montenegro now.

As for the Romaniacs, it's not that close (about 1000km) and more importantly, I'm not nowhere near that level of riding.

Last year a few guys from here competed, and they say that the whole event became too big and too expensive for amateurs. There are quite a few events in the region where you can get just as good riding with less pressure. You're probably not racing with Jarvis anyway. 

Not to stray too far from the topic, here is Cody Webb riding trough an unusual forest:

http://youtu.be/1tNlBZiYAVU

• Like 1

They just find the hardest stuff possible and ride it until they're worn out. Unbelievable talent.

• Like 2

Like they say on Red Bull Romaniacs when choosing your class. "The sections we will present to you will be impossible for " Humans"

• Like 1

Cody Webb's bike for the next season.

I wonder if it's completely new bike or only new components.

cody-webb_858.jpg

e56ec0b8fbe1f8f6ddfca71e93d5b8d0_L.jpg

cody-webb_859.jpg

• Like 1

Well maybe not much change in the bike from 13 to 15.. just systematically upgrading?;..little at a time?

I just saw this.. not alot of Beta but 2nd place... This must have been a fun event to watch!!

This looks like an awesome race with some great riders.. and a good Beta rider in there too..

Cody Webb wins the opening round of Endurocross. Hopefully there will be video soon, I wasn't able to find anything. He apparently pulled a sizable gap over Colton Haaker and Taddy.

• Like 1

Cody Webb wins the opening round of Endurocross. Hopefully there will be video soon, I wasn't able to find anything. He apparently pulled a sizable gap over Colton Haaker and Taddy.

Thanks!!!  Awesome!! until some new video comes out here's a taste from last year..