What did you do to your crf250l today?

Picked it up from the mechanic yesterday. New set of tires, O2 sensor properly installed after the 300 swap, and it's ready to rip. Rode it to work today and half expected a traffic ticket. Running 0 - 45 mph WOT is just too fun now! I wish I had a way to time it, but I feel like I have to hang on to the bike now.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, gnath9 said:

If you have a GoPro or some other action cam you can just do some recording and check the times from the footage  .... ? 

I should get a GoPro. That way I can share all my trail fail videos of me eating it in mudholes and stalling and falling high-centered on logs!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mott555 said:

I should get a GoPro. That way I can share all my trail fail videos of me eating it in mudholes and stalling and falling high-centered on logs!

Look for a deal on a Hero4 silver .... it is more than good enough ... ?  Heck maybe a session is good enough for your needs ... :excuseme: 

https://www.amazon.com/GoPro-HERO-Session-Holiday-Promo/dp/B01MEF5QLD/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1501172472&sr=1-2&keywords=goproSESSION

7e19488b-d07e-45fa-8b53-a894f6674331_1.c

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, gnath9 said:

Look for a deal on a Hero4 silver .... it is more than good enough ... ?  Heck maybe a session is good enough for your needs ... :excuseme: 

https://www.amazon.com/GoPro-HERO-Session-Holiday-Promo/dp/B01MEF5QLD/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1501172472&sr=1-2&keywords=goproSESSION

7e19488b-d07e-45fa-8b53-a894f6674331_1.c

Huh. GoPro's were $500 the last time I looked at them. Granted, that was years ago...

I've been using a hero 4 silver for two years now. Granted, nothing I do is worth reliving lol. But.. it's been snorkeling with sting rays in Jamaica.. on my dogs at the park.. and on every type of helmet I own whether bicycle or moto. I don't even use my MacBook to rip or edit media. The hero 4 silver has wifi.. you can download right to your phone if you want to using the GoPro capture app. Then edit in either iMovie or another app. I made this before we even left the trailhead.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, gnath9 said:

Some still are pretty expensive ... that little session is a deal.

I just got the Session 4...the pic is great, but the wind noise and switching from front to rear mic is terrible...I've just about sorted it now with some small mic foam filters but the sound is nowhere near as good as my old Hero 2

Edited by Neilly
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Garth Knight said:

What length videos can you shoot with the go pros?

Probably as long as you want given you don't run out of battery power and storage space!  However, I believe because of the filesystem used on memory cards, videos will get spit up into chapters when the file size reaches approximately 4GB, maybe less because of other software settings.

So, if you record 30 mins of video at the highest settings, you may end up with 3 files (I think the naming convention varies):

1. GP00001.mp4 (first 12 mins of video)
  2. GP10001.mp4 (second 12 mins of video)
  3. GP20001.mp4 (last 6 mins of video)

Then you just rejoin these files while editing.

I use a 64GB card and carry two spare batteries.  I typically end up killing all 3 batteries before I fill up the card.

• Like 2

I was looking at the session 5 initially figuring the smaller size would make it a bit more convenient, especially for sticking on RC aircraft.  After handling them, I went with the 5 Black, it isn't really much larger, but the touchscreen, extra modes, swappable batteries, and better mic layout for wind reduction sold me on it. The touchscreen allows you to change modes, view and delete videos, and see what the camera is capturing without having to use your phone.  The batteries last a couple hours, but can be swapped quick, and I opted for a spare, and dual charger, so I won't run out, and can charge the spare outside of the camera.  There are a couple extra superview and narrow settings compared to te 5 session, so you can shoot the widest view, and the narrowest (best for filming things far away, works kinda like a zoom) I knew it had GPS and the others didn't, didn't factor into the decision because I didn't know what purpose it would serve, then came an update, and I found how the embedded GPS in the video could be used by the program to add gauges and graphs, which are awesome.  It was also on sale for $300, where the session 5 was $250 and the Session was $150, but even at full price, the touchscreen and swappable batteries may just be worth the $100 difference.

• Like 2

Need to toss a new tire on the rear before the ride today so I popped it off last night.

20170728_204628.jpg.21d07f782ab7531dc60fbb6685f4de35.jpg

Yeeesh! Time to grab a few shop rags and clean that up.

20170728_212848.jpg.18ab241f8a4c16f928bb81062653dc39.jpg

Perfect excuse to take off the 48t and try the 50t, pretty sure my chain is just long enough to accommodate the extra two teeth.

20170728_210314.jpg.beaa032a3c42a82c3ad86424ea18ae1d.jpg

Balls! Need an extra link or two after all.

20170729_083924.jpg.08e15d61bd67b3ce5048879b7ef0e9e2.jpg

• Like 2

Bought a doubletake folding mirror. Impressed with the quality fit and finish especially the ram mount hardware. No satisfactory way to tighten the ball mount base though (no spanner flats).

Also fitted a hyperpro fork spring kit, it is a single progressive spring that replaces the stock one. Matches my hyperpro spring on the honda shock. Stiffens the suspension just enough for the road riding I do and cost me less than £200 for both ends.

Think I'm going to need to make a spacer for the side stand as the bike sits taller at rest and leans over more than I'd like.

Edited by Garth Knight
  • Like 2

Hey guys, well, selling the L! Got a new job in Mexico so someone here in Thailand/Asia will get a great deal. Has just about everything! I hope about 150K or ? Thai baht.

Any Asian guys that may know of friends, PM me! Hate to let her go but just not feasible to try to ship, learned that lesson before bringing my Hornet from Korea to Thailand.

Btw, my next idea is a 450X ADV project. Any So Cal friends looking to sell?

Questions/interest? 

IMG_20170519_081711.jpg

IMG_20170519_081806.jpg

IMG_20170519_081817.jpg

Edited by hockeyrick
  • Like 1