shiftline

What did you do to your crf250l today?

I had the same issue...was just some gunk lodged in the seal....I first tried using a fine feeler gauge to clean it out....Didn't work so well so did some research and ordered Forks Seal Mate....check out you tube...You could probably make one but they are cheap so I bought 2....no problems since....I now clean after each off road ride....

Today I installed a HYPER front progressive spring to the front right fork, very easy to install. Hyperpro recommends 7.5w oil but I could find only the 10w, after the installation I went for a quick ride and I was already happy that I got rid of that nasty front dive when I apply the front brake even with two fingers, that alone is already a great improvement for me. I then rode to a very beat up road and I noticed that I was already going faster than normal, the front felt good. It was like finally it matched the rear of my hyperpro rear shock, on the street the bike felt more controllable during turns boosting up confidence hence more fun to ride. 

The front progressive spring is a very nice improvement for this bike, for a cheaper solution in suspension upgrade I can happily recommend this spring, its really worth a try if your not a hardcore offroad rider but your planning to keep this bike. I'm sure gold valve's from racetech will do all the real magic as the real magic of each suspension is the daming but maybe as I sad, for a cheap upgrade and easy installation its an improvment.

Daniel

Edited by Dalotel
  • Like 6

rode to my buddy's house and put the 13t front on and mucked with the clutch cable.

13t definitely makes a difference. a lot more pull.

on an unrelated note...anyone got a spedoDRD that they aren't using anymore?

• Like 1

Took the bike for a rip with the new exhaust. Went to the outskirts of the Blue Mountain / McNutt riding area in Maple Ridge. Really wanted to go into some of the trail networks but was riding alone.

• Like 2

Removed slipping stock clutch and judder springs at 13249 miles on Thursday. New EBC (CK1313) clutch fibers installed, Barnett CBR300R clutch springs, GoldPlug magnetic oil bolt went in next day. Wasn't able to do first test ride until Sunday. Clutch upgrade is just down right amazing. It's amazing how much slip was in the stock one naturally with the judder spring. Clutch really grabs now. And Barnett springs are firm and smooth, not a hard pull or anything. Didn't ride it to work today because we're supposed to get thunderstorms before I  get off work and if we do get another winter thunderstorm looks like snow is on it's way again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burgan said:

Clutch upgrade is just down right amazing. It's amazing how much slip was in the stock one naturally with the judder spring. Clutch really grabs now. And Barnett springs are firm and smooth, not a hard pull or anything

It is frick'in amazing that one must experience to fully comprehend .... :ride: 

and thus is why I say do not wait for it to wear out....   200_s.gif

• Like 1

rode 113 miles of back roads and a bit of gravel yesterday for my birthday. my butt is not pleased, but I am.

Got a rear flat on the way home from work earlier this week.  Luckily was only going about 45 when the rear end started moving around on me.  Appears to have been a serious tube issue, it went down immediately.  Not sure what caused it but I'll tear into it tonight.

Tubes and tires were only a month old.  STI Heavy duty tubes, MotionPro rim locks, MT43 rear, MT21 front.

41 minutes ago, SoftwareDevJason said:

Got a rear flat on the way home from work earlier this week.

That sucks .... :banghead:   Maybe the tube got pinched somehow during install and it just took awhile to blow ... :excuseme:   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gnath9 said:

That sucks .... :banghead:   Maybe the tube got pinched somehow during install and it just took awhile to blow ... :excuseme:   

Yep.  I'm thinking I had a slow leak that I didn't notice because I'm constantly airing up for the street and airing down when I hit the trails.  This may have caused me not to notice the losses.  Perhaps it got down very low after several days of only street riding and the heat from the 45 min commute ride at low pressure popped it.  I run the MT43 at low pressures anyway.

We will see.  I know it's the tube but not sure if I'm going to be able to fully diagnose it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoftwareDevJason said:

Yep.  I'm thinking I had a slow leak that I didn't notice because I'm constantly airing up for the street and airing down when I hit the trails.  This may have caused me not to notice the losses.  Perhaps it got down very low after several days of only street riding and the heat from the 45 min commute ride at low pressure popped it.  I run the MT43 at low pressures anyway.

We will see.  I know it's the tube but not sure if I'm going to be able to fully diagnose it.

I recently installed a MT43 on the rear and put in a Tubliss kit. I also air down for off road, can go to 5 psi without slime, and punctures are repaired with a tire plug. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, drdanbozeman said:

I recently installed a MT43 on the rear and put in a Tubliss kit. I also air down for off road, can go to 5 psi without slime , and punctures are repaired with a tire plug. 

Yes, I would like the tubliss system as well.  I run 8 with a tube and rim locks in the nasty stuff.  I was running 15-18 for purely street commuting.  I carry a small hand pump and low pressure gauge in my tank bag and adjust as needed.  I wonder if 20 would be better for long street commuting with a tube?

They started !!! ... :thumbsup:

Went for a little street ride with Noah on his WR250R and now we are off so he can drive the car !!! He does not like I make him ATGATT .... :lol:  I told him when he is of age then he can make those decisions for himself but, untill then while I am the one responsible for hime he wears the gear all the time ... :ride:

I think now I will take him out to drive my Ford Focus for the first time ... :shocked:   they grow so quick ... :banghead:

17353362_1508291835850284_55324395460470

17425116_1508291812516953_77495090687724

16602807_1508291829183618_83656181803135

• Like 1

Went back to Blue Mountain / McNutt riding area again, this time I tried out some single track. Forgot to air down the tires so was running 21 PSI in there which made it fun :)

Bent my brake lever, time for a folding one. I felt pretty good about how the bike handled in there.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gnath9 said:

They started !!! ... :thumbsup:

Went for a little street ride with Noah on his WR250R and now we are off so he can drive the car !!! He does not like I make him ATGATT .... :lol:  I told him when he is of age then he can make those decisions for himself but, untill then while I am the one responsible for hime he wears the gear all the time ... :ride:

I think now I will take him out to drive my Ford Focus for the first time ... :shocked:   they grow so quick ... :banghead:

17353362_1508291835850284_55324395460470

16602807_1508291829183618_83656181803135

Way to go Dad! Start the habit now and not wearing the gear later will feel funny.

ATGATT, what about the knees. I've seen plenty of knees get scraped up pretty bad at just around town speeds.

45 minutes ago, RudeJeepin said:

ATGATT, what about the knees.

I have never been able to make up my mind on a pair .... maybe I should just order the Titans ... they just seem so cheap ... :excuseme:

18 hours ago, gnath9 said:

He does not like I make him ATGATT .... :lol:  I told him when he is of age then he can make those decisions for himself but, untill then while I am the one responsible for hime he wears the gear all the time ... :ride:

When you said he didn't like ATGATT I was expecting a huge suit setup...

Guess I'm just used to wearing armored thick textile over-pants over jeans, adventure boots, armored textile jacket, armored leather gloves, and helmet. But I really only wear that stuff on long trips and when I know I'm going to be pushing the bike hard in curves, case I should loose it in a curve. Imagine a spacesuit and that's pretty darn close to what is looks like on me. So much so that little kids always ask me if I'm a "space man"

What's he's got on is what most of the locals wear and close to what I commute in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Burgan said:

Guess I'm just used to wearing armored thick textile over-pants over jeans

I have been looking into some good pants for him. Problem is good ones are expensive and kids grow so quick. He is only 15 and already needs another a new helmet ... :banghead:  I asked him how it fits and he said pretty tight Dad....:lol: 

Group street ride this past weekend with my street riding buddies. We just picked up a new guy with a brand new DRZ400SM, had to pass him in the curves because he's still getting used to that bike. The BMW adventure bike didn't do the tight curves with the rest of us but he had no problem showing up all how to 12'oclock an adventure bike. Also, one of our regular riders finally brought out his Super Duke, instead of his normal R6. He  says the super duke is way more comfortable but a very torque bike. Hard not to power wheelie all day.

sUIEasQ.jpg

• Like 1