Sign in to follow this  

FCR Carb vendors

Hello all,

I'm looking to pick up an FCR-MX 39 carb for my drz.

After a bit of browsing, it seems that most folks buy from the TT store.

I like to call myself "thrifty" or cheap to everyone else.

Where did everyone get their FCR carbs from?

I priced some out (with fit kits and needles for jetting):

Thumpertalk Store: $561.66       (carb, kit and such)

JetsRUS: $491.13                       (carb, EMN needle and air box adapter)

JD Jetting: $579.90                     (carb and adapter kit)

Does anyone have any experience with any other vendors or lower prices?

Anything cheaper and you're looking at buying used, which is always a gamble.

Just get the kit from the TT store and be done with it.  It comes with everything you need to bolt on and ride.  Yes, it's $561 but it's money well spent once you've bolted the carb on and realize the gains it provides.  I tried going the used route and it did not work out, as has been the case for many people.  After a few months of messing with it and cleaning / rebuilding the used carb, I gave up and went with the TT kit, couldn't be happier.

Edited by lowercasee
  • Like 3

Have you searched for coupon codes yet? I also tend to shop around, but then before completeing the purchase I always check for coupon codes. Usually takes several attempts before I find one that works, but generally is worth the trouble.

ThumperTalk has coupon codes floating around, I found one to use for my last order.

• Like 1

I'm not looking for used. Something finiky like a carb always runs the risk of being gummed/messed.

Coupons do not apply to the FCR-MX on the Thumpertalk store. Says so at the bottom of the description.

Anyone have any experience with buying one from JetsRUs?

I've placed several orders with JetsRUs, they ship fast, and have good prices. No complaints at all.

My FCR came from Wheeling Cycle Supply, but it wasn't the MX version.

Sucks on the coupon code, last order I placed was radiator guards, and a MCCT.

I've bought jets for my FCR from JetsRUs and they were great. I wasn't sure which jets to buy and sent their customer service a pic of the stock jet and they gave me a list of jets that would work. Solid customer service

I'm not looking for used. Something finiky like a carb always runs the risk of being gummed/messed.

Coupons do not apply to the FCR-MX on the Thumpertalk store. Says so at the bottom of the description.

Anyone have any experience with buying one from JetsRUs?

Does the jets-r-us one come with the adapters for both sides of the carb? There is a rubber one and an aluminum one. Is the carb the newer style MX carb or the older slant body. That might explain the price difference. No experience with jetsrus but I did purchase mine at the TT store. I have nothing but good things to say about their customer service and the carb went right on and the bike fired up with absolutely no issues. That snappy throttle response is worth every penny. I would also order an r&d flex jet fuel screw while your at it (TT has it as an option i think) makes adjusting pilot circuit dead easy.

Get it from the TT store,  comes with everything youll need,  ready to bolt on,  do not forget to order the flex fuel screw,  otherwise you cannot reach it,  i made that mistake...

Support those who support us,  IMO. 

• Like 4

Does the jets-r-us one come with the adapters for both sides of the carb? There is a rubber one and an aluminum one. Is the carb the newer style MX carb or the older slant body. That might explain the price difference. No experience with jetsrus but I did purchase mine at the TT store. I have nothing but good things to say about their customer service and the carb went right on and the bike fired up with absolutely no issues. That snappy throttle response is worth every penny. I would also order an r&d flex jet fuel screw while your at it (TT has it as an option i think) makes adjusting pilot circuit dead easy.

It's the FCR-MX, not the slant. The adapter listed in from the carb to the engine, not to the airbox.

It's the FCR-MX, not the slant. The adapter listed in from the carb to the engine, not to the airbox.

Then you will need the aluminum intake bell adapter to fit it to your bike. Might want to double check with them before ordering. But I would seriously consider buying from TT if I were you. Either way you will love the FCR!

• Like 1

Just get the kit from the TT store and be done with it.  It comes with everything you need to bolt on and ride.  Yes, it's $561 but it's money well spent once you've bolted the carb on and realize the gains it provides.  I tried going the used route and it did not work out, as has been the case for many people.  After a few months of messing with it and cleaning / rebuilding the used carb, I gave up and went with the TT kit, couldn't be happier.

Get it from the TT store,  comes with everything youll need,  ready to bolt on,  do not forget to order the flex fuel screw,  otherwise you cannot reach it,  i made that mistake...

Support those who support us,  IMO. 

The Mates have nailed it... :thumbsup: ..There is nothing left to say....... :)

• Like 4