Street legal in NC ?

I just bought an 05 300 EXC that I want to get plated in NC.  It only has the Certificate of Origin, never been titled before.

Has anybody here gotten a title for a 2 stroke KTM in NC, without a title from another state first?  

I tried going to the DMV and everything seemed to be going fine, until they wanted an ODO mileage reading.  My Speedo/Odo needs to be reinstalled, but I don't think it records a "total mileage" does it? 

my buddies 07 450 had total mileage, and so does his 12 250xcw. id imagine yours would also.

Thanks.  My speedo was disconnected by the PO.  I haven't installed it yet because the wires were cut, and it's going to take a bit of work to figure the wiring out.  I just recheck the manual and it does show an odometer.  That should make things easier at the DMV.

Thanks.  My speedo was disconnected by the PO.  I haven't installed it yet because the wires were cut, and it's going to take a bit of work to figure the wiring out.  I just recheck the manual and it does show an odometer.  That should make things easier at the DMV.

Did you have any luck with the title in NC?

Did you have any luck with the title in NC?

I got the plate from the local tag office, but am still waiting for the title to arrive from the DMV.  I was just at the tag office yesterday renewing a car and asked when I should get the KTM title.  They checked and said that it hadn't been printed yet.  Hope it comes soon...

hey I was wondering, I'm about to trade my 1989 Honda cr250r for a 1998 KTM 380 mxc with title. can I make it street legal? 

hey I was wondering, I'm about to trade my 1989 Honda cr250r for a 1998 KTM 380 mxc with title. can I make it street legal? 

This depends entirely on where you live. If you're in the US, it's different state-to-state.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:47 AM, Daylan Smithey said:

There is no way we can know what YOUR state requires for a bike to be street legal very easily.....so why not go here where guys from your state, who have done thins will know?

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/forum/36-southeast/

Joe

Alright I'm in North Carolina but I'll go check those groups out.

Also the KTM will turnover every 5 or so kicks it will back fire. anyone know why this is happening and it wont start it's a 1998 KTM 380 mxc

Timing off? Plugged Jets/carb? Host of possibilities. What kind of shape is the bike in?

how would i fix the timing, i cleaned the carb out yesterday and all the jets are fine. The bike is in good shape not much wrong with it besides it turning over and almost starting.