Sign in to follow this  

Fly Racing 5 Pivot Knee Guards

I'm in the market for a new set of knee guards (I want knee braces but that doesn't fit the budget right now). I'm looking at the Fly Racing 5 Pivot Knee Guards, does anybody have any experience with these? I have the Thor Force knee guards right now and do like them a lot, but the velcro in the back of the knee guards are starting to curl and rub against the back of my leg in the 2 spots where they velcro and let me tell you, it does not feel good. I feel like if I wore a knee sock that the velcro would just rip those apart in a couple rides. I also have a problem with the hinge on the inside of the knees giving my knees bruises where I grip the bike. It almost hurts to grip the bike, and my arms pay for it every ride.

Anybody have any insight on the Fly Racing 5 Pivot Knee Guards? Or any knee guards for that matter?

I have the pivot 5. I like the pivot idea seems to fit well. I just wish the knee cup was a little deeper. I did have to readjust them a few times as they slid down during riding. You'll need riding pants with roomy knees.