Sign in to follow this  

Last topic

I've narrowed it down to a 2014 yz125 and a 2014 yz250F. I'm 6 ft 145 and haven't riden in a few years want something I can't trail ride and do some jumps on. Which one is faster and has more power. I would rather the one I could control the best. I've heard the 250f would be easier to ride but I feel like it would be a lot faster than the 125 and idk if I can handle it.

If you do get the yz125 I would buy a used one instead of going new.  I bought a new yz250 and as much as I like the bike in retrospect I should of went used and saved some money. 

250 2-stroke for sure.  Like DirtSmoker said, I'd look for a late model used (probably a YZ, and get the kss suspension).  If you have the cash to buy new and get it set up properly, than go that route.  I'd put a flywheel weight in and gear it down (both things the shop where you purchase it could do easily).  You'd have a great bike for trails and jumps and would probably never need another bike.  

Edited by Mudd94

If you do get the yz125 I would buy a used one instead of going new.  I bought a new yz250 and as much as I like the bike in retrospect I should of went used and saved some money.

Buy NEAR new and save $ , you just need to find the Right one .