Sign in to follow this  

Air filter

Wonder how much this affects my jetting with 3x3 mod... I've already done JD kit with 160 Main Jet and 25 Pilot Jet. Not sure how the power sits as I have only ridden my bike with mods

Wonder how much this affects my jetting with 3x3 mod... I've already done JD kit with 160 Main Jet and 25 Pilot Jet. Not sure how the power sits as I have only ridden my bike with mods

As long as it is clean it shouldn't affect anything.

What do people think about this K&N high flow filter vs stock? Does it provide more or less airflow with the pre-filter?

What do people think about this K&N high flow filter vs stock? Does it provide more or less airflow with the pre-filter?

A lot of people don't like those filters in any dirty conditions. They say they leak more stuff through. It should be higher flow though.

It's the filter I use on my sm. Seems to be ok. K&N claims more flow.

It's the filter I use on my sm. Seems to be ok. K&N claims more flow.

Fact, a DRZ can not utilise the extra air flow a K&N has over a foam air filter.

Fact, K&N lets through more fine dust particles than a foam air filter.

OEM or Twin Air filters are just fine for every application of your DRZ, off road and road.

Fact, a DRZ can not utilise the extra air flow a K&N has over a foam air filter.

Fact, K&N lets through more fine dust particles than a foam air filter.

OEM or Twin Air filters are just fine for every application of your DRZ, off road and road.

. Not a big deal for me .My sm does not see the dirt . Ran a k&n filter on my last bike .sold it with 55,000 miles and it still ran strong . Edited by turn8a