Sign in to follow this  

Please HELP! Bike won't start!

So I'm new this this forum thing and figure I'd give it a try. I have a 2013 KTM 250-SXF. However I just ran into a problem.. The thing won't start, or the EFI isn't pumping fuel. About a week ago it started perfect. I normally use the jet to help get it started and about 30 seconds later I switch it off. Yesterday I tried to start it and it wouldn't turn over. I have a buddy that work on my bike and his bikes and he said it might be a fouled spark plug.. I'm just trying to get an idea of what it might be. The EFI behind the gas tank is plugged up, gas line connected and a battery tender connected to keep the battery full. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1397500293.920443.jpg

Welcome to the forum! :)

Ok, so does the starter motor turn the engine over at the appropriate speed? You should be able to hear the fuel pump whirr the moment you take your finger off the starter motor button. If you don't hear any whirr, thats generally a bad connection to the pump OR a bad pump.

You for sure could have a fouled plug, it happens when you open the throttle to try and get the bike started.

You can easily pull the plug out and examine/clean it.

When was the last time you put an air filter in it? My 13' 250SXF doesn't start with an air filter thats too wet.

I hear no whirr when I push and take my finger off the starter button. And just recently I got a new air filter, it hasn't been cleaned. Just sitting in the air box cage inside the air box. I usually hear the fuel pump pump gas but the EFI light doesn't even come on.

- Micah

Also you said I can take out the plug and clean and examine it? Where would the plug be located on the bike??

- Micah