Exhaust mount

Hey party people.   I'm new to this forum but why not jump right in.  When i bought my DR i had to hurry and get the passenger pegs off so i could tell the girl friend that this was a single seater only.  haha.   So what was i going to do for the exhaust mounting?    As a machinist this wasn't a large hurdle.  i made an aluminum bracket that came out pretty slick if i must say so myself.   I am wondering if there are any other riders out there that are stuck in my same predicament.   If people are interested in this i can make and send you one for 35$.    I have made some other parts that might interest people.   I have attached a JPEG of my CAD drawing.   I don't have a picture of the part on my bike (yet).   If there is some positive feedback lets see what we can work out.    Happy Braaapppp!! 

DR bracket.JPG

• Like 1

I'm interested. I'm currently working on 2 DRZ's and already sold the buddy pegs. Also Wheeling Cycle stopped selling their version. Does your mount use the stock rubber bushing or is it just 3 bolts?

Edited by WonTian

I have access to a Sharp mill at work. So many custom things I want to machine for my Doctor Z. ? So is this a mount for the exhaust that attaches at the right passenger footpeg mount?

Your drawing doesn't have dimensions... maybe that's classified info haha.

correct.  this would replace the right passenger foot peg.    The dimensions aren't classified.  haha    I just grabbed them from the foot peg that i removed.   A revision that doesn't use the rubber grommet would be pretty easy.   I can do those as well for sure.   Perhaps i should start putting some pictures up of my mods in the "what did you mod today" thread.   

I wouldn't be hard to make a bracket...as the op has done

alternatively 

This guy on Ebay was selling them but currently has no listings for any, maybe you could message him for supply details...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Drz400-DRZ-S-SM-Peg-Eliminator-exhaust-bracket-/110794170423?forcev4exp=true&item=110794170423&vxp=mtr#ht_3858wt_1201

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GASJFpfbF84

Edited by Craigo 485sm