Sign in to follow this  

Got an 05+ RM125 or RM250 & a micrometer?

Hoping that someone who owns a micrometer (or appropriate measuring device) and an 05 or newer RM125 or RM250 could take a quick measurement of the outside diameter of the upper fork tube just below the lower triple clamp.

I'm trying to figure out if the lower clamping diameter on an 05+ RM250/RM125 is the same diameter as on an 09 RMZ250 (which I currently have). I don't see any reason it wouldn't be as they are both 47mm showas and I have already confirmed the top clamping diameter to be the same but would just like to be sure.

Thanks a bunch for any help!

Thank You 38special!

That is the same measurement I'm getting.

I have both generations of forks in my garage. They will fit the clamps, but the lugs are different FYI. Will need hub, axle, and spacers.

Thanks Ghill28!

My 06 RM125 has 09 RMZ250 suspension on it with an 09 RMZ front wheel & spacers. For some reason the previous owner put the 24.5mm offset clamps on it from the previous generation RMs. I'm looking to buy the correct 22.5mm offset clamps and wanted to make sure there was not a difference in fork tube sizes as it was one of only a couple of reasons I could see for the previous owner to have swapped out the originals...Much appreciated!