Stock stator

I bought an Cree LED bike/head lamp from China for $19 shipped. It far supersedes any halogen lamp you can put on the bike. It comes with a rechargeable battery pack, low, mid, high, and strobe. Pretty bad azz for the money. I actually use two. One bar mounted and one head mounted. Works great. Why bother with the stator.....unless you were to wire up some LEDs. You then could potentially have waaay more light going this route

With way less voltage use obviously

I bought an Cree LED bike/head lamp from China for $19 shipped. It far supersedes any halogen lamp you can put on the bike. It comes with a rechargeable battery pack, low, mid, high, and strobe. Pretty bad azz for the money. I actually use two. One bar mounted and one head mounted. Works great. Why bother with the stator.....unless you were to wire up some LEDs. You then could potentially have waaay more light going this route

With way less voltage use obviously

Could you link the light bar with battery? Can only find them without battery

• 2 months later...

The 230 stock stator gives 60w at 5000 rpm. Figure the 150 is the same.

Might you know if the CRF230L stator will swap over or do we have to go with an aftermarket stator?

I have a couple of CREE headlamps, one is 1,600 lumens on high, lights trees on fire and stuff. ?  Most of the Lithium Ion powered stuff isn't 12VDC, it is either higher or lower as a single cell Lithium battery is around 3.7VDC. 

I'd still like to have some sort of bike mounted/powered lighting system which will not run down the OE charging system/battery.  Using SMD LED aimed well can really light up the trail and draw just a little bit of power.  Why don't more of the aftermarket headlight systems use this technology?

Edited by MetricMuscle