Putoline Ice cooler

Hi all,

Just a question on how to use Putoline Ice Cooler, is the same a usual 50:50 or do you put it in the radiator near, was on the putoline website nothing said on there or on the bottle it's self?

I had the same question and emailed Putoline's sales direct. This was their response:

Our Putoline Ice Cooler product, is a ready for use product and it is NOT needed to add extra water. It gives a frost protection up to -/- 26 degrees. I know this isn’t really useful for South-Africa, but when you dilute this product with water, the mixing ratio will also change for the anti-corrosion additives in this product. So our advice is to use it pure, or maximum 2/3 Ice Cooler and 1/3 demineralized water. This will give you a frost protection up-to -/- 12 degrees with still enough anti-corrosion properties to protect all metal parts in your engine and cooling system.             

https://www.putoline.com/en/catalogue/product/379/ice-cooler/1965/

Best Regards,

Bernard Voortman

Export Sales Manager

In this case you don't have to add water because it will affect on the point of boiling, which is very important for the dirt bikes.

Just an example:

If the coolant you have, has temp. of boiling 140 degrees celsius and you add 50% water, the temp of boiling will go to 120 degrees celsius - you will have a problem and the coolant will overflow.

For my bike I buy only high temp coolant, which is redy to be used and don't add water, the temp of boiling is about 136-140 degrees

If the coolant is pure concetrate, then it's different - the temp of freezing is about -60 degrees celsius and the boil temp is also higher, then you have to add water 50% deionized water.